Page 92 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Where does Todd Frazier play for the Yankees? 3rd or 1st?

shoutouts to Wacha for his CG SO.

Also, todd frazier plays for the White Sox, unless you're talking about a trade, and then if he does go to the yankees he should promptly go to AAA because he's been trash the past 2 years outside of his bombs

The Yankees traded for him, David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle for the Yankees prospect Blake Rutherford.

He'll play both, but primarily 1st. Great trade for the Yankees. Makes no sense to me how every year the Yankees manage to pull off such a market defining trade at the deadline. Last year they traded only Chapman for more then what the whitesox just got.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    He'll play both, but primarily 1st. Great trade for the Yankees. Makes no sense to me how every year the Yankees manage to pull off such a market defining trade at the deadline. Last year they traded only Chapman for more then what the whitesox just got.
    According to reports, Headley will be manning 1st. I love the trade honestly, Rutherford is in A ball, he's a long ways away, and Todd was playing injured for most of the beginning of the year, and we keep the Red Sox from getting a 3B unless they wanna gut their farm system and go for Moose. Works for the Yanks, they get a short term rental, a power bat, and a revamped bullpen filled with power arms. Then next year, you open up the checkbook and go get Darvish, Shohei Otani, and Moose, and bam. Problems solved. Then the following year, you pony up for Harper is the Nats don't get an extension in place by then and hello dynasty.

You don't think the Nats will be able to resign Harper?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    You don't think the Nats will be able to resign Harper?
    Not for 400+ million, which is probably what he'll get, and Trout would most likely be 450-500million. Nats would have the shed a metric fuckton of money, then there's Strasburg, Rendon, Turner in a few years, they started Michael Taylor's clock already, Scherzer's money. They are either going to have to gut a lot of people or just Miami it and firesale, cause that window is closing fast. If they realistically give it to Harper, their luxury tax would be more than the Yankees paid in half a decade.

And if they do shed salary to do it, you're probably losing on future Stras, David Murphy, Anthony Rendon, Gio, Doolittle and Madsen now. That's a lot to lose just by waiting on an extension, -however- you don't win this year, you fire sale some assets to restock as much of the farm, extend Harper, and pray to god the prospects you get stick with The Show. And hope to strike gold on some lower tier players either to rebound or benefit from a potent lineup

Double post according to Spotrac :
    Name - Base Salary - % of Payroll
    Scherzer - 15 million - 12.18
    Strasburg - 15 million - 10.09
    Ryan Zimmermann - 14 Million - 7.70
    Harper - 13.625 (Arb 3, he'll be eligible for Arb 4 next year) - 7.50
    Gio - 12 Million - 6.60
    Murphy - 12 Million - 6.60
    Wieters - 10.5 Million - 5.78
    Rendon - 5.8 Million (Arb 3 in Career Year is next year)

Then there's Disabled list money for Adam Eaton, who is also Arb eligible, and they are paying Papelbon 3 million for the next 2 years.

Loooooooottttaaaa money you're gonna have to gut if you wanna bump Harper's payroll % to almost 33%

I disagree honestly, I think the Yankees are gonna go all in on next year's free agency and not have the money to get in on Harper. It's still a damn good team regardless. I can see the cubs going in on harper. Regardless, id also be surprised if Harper resigns with the nats.

That or they wait a year to go in on Machado or Donaldson.

Thread Information