Page 99 of 194 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast

Thread: For MLB fans

Markakis isn't a world beater but to say he's not that good is silly.

He's the definition of average.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    He's the definition of average.
    I'd say he's more of a definition of a safe play / grinder. Dude has averaged 152 Games Per Year for his entire career. Just pencil him in, he'll give you 4 tough at bats, doesn't make errors.

if Markakis is 'average', I would take a full line-up of 'average' guys over any other roster

except maybe Los Doyers cuz we da besssssss

If we consider that markakis is an average hitter for his position and an average defender for his position and adjust the numbers according to position, ya I'd probably take a team of markakis' over most teams.

C: Wellington Castillo
    1b: Carlos Santana
    2b: Joe Panik
    SS: Freddy Galvis
    3B: Chase Headley
    LF: Cameron Maybin
    CF: Odubel Herrera
    RF: The legend himself

Let's go with that. Pretty decent.

So I was going through batted ball percentages to look for possible matchups to exploit for Draftkings today. went to Colorado to see their matchup, hunkered over to the Braves after and noticed something on their team batted balls.

With a minimum of 250PA, Freddie Freeman is the only player in the Majors this year to not have 1 infield popup. Sort the table by IFFB%, He is at 0.00% and Joey Votto is second with 0.08%. Incredible lol

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...ers=0&sort=8,a

Ya they're awesome and still underrated. Votto is having a breakout year that No one is noticing. Despite his wicked batted ball profile, low k rate and career 360 babip he has a fucking 280 babip. He should be hitting 340 right now with more homers then he's ever hit.

To get back to Freeman though, I'm sorry my team broke his finger . Completely ruined my chances in my keeper league. Managed to turn him and Jose Quintana into Corey seager tho so that was kinda cool.

Joey Votto broke out a long time ago. He's been one of the best hitters in baseball for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

What I meant by breakout is that he's improved his underlying numbers significantly in the past year and a half. He's having a career year in terms of power and with any luck on batted balls he would be a clear mvp candidate. When I say Votto is consistently underrated, I mean that people don't recognize that Votto is a 1st ballot hall of famer and the best hitter of his generation (between Cabrera and trout)

What u think of all these mariners trades hugh? Lookin like the farm is completely sold at this point and the mlb team isn't fantastic. Personally like it because they're really pushing for the playoffs and if u can get Hernandez and Paxton in the playoffs anything can happen. Would be really awesome to see king Felix in that atmosphere.

Thread Information