Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football TAO '16

It's the same formula for baseball, if you're not hitting your prime years (25-30) and iirc football is like 24-30 and if your arrow is pointing up and skills have steadily increased they'll reward you regardless of the situation you are in.

I finished my other money league draft today:
    QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Matthew Stafford
    RB: David Johnson, Danny Woodhead, Darren Sproles, Isaiah Crowell
    WR: Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas, Donte Moncrief, Kevin White, Tyler Boyd
    TE: Zach Ertz, Virgil Green
    K: Dan Bailey
    DST: Arizona

Round 1: I got my guy David Johnson. Only wanted one of the top 3 WRs or David Johnson and I was picking 5th, and I'm not sure what I'd have done if all four were gone. (Gurley went 2 letting me not have to think about it)

Round 2: I got Keenan Allen who I wanted since we are .5 PPR and I think he will be a great WR pick for this format and a compliment to Johnson. Dez went three picks earlier and that woulda been sick but I'm happy.

Round 3: Demaryius Thomas, I got fucking sniped with the guy in front of me taking Aaron Rodgers.

Round 4: Donte Moncrief, Luck went 3 picks earlier and Cobb two picks earlier. I would have loved either since we are a 6pt all TD league. I wanted that top tier QB, but got wrecked two rounds in a row on that plan. I then was like alright, RB or WR for flex so I got Moncrief. Next pick was Langford. I think I'd take Moncrief over him again.

Round 5: Big Ben. Only other guy of value on the board that interested me was Kelvin Benjamin, but I already had 3 WRs. Would have been my pick had I gotten Rodgers or Luck earlier.

Round 6: Super locked into TE, then the picks went like this: 5. Travis Kelce 6. Coby Fleener 7. Julius Thomas 8. Zach Ertz 9. Jordan Matthews 10. Delanie Walker Kinda sucks getting trapped into the end of a run, but whatever Ertz has upside. I really wanted Kelce or Fleener.

Round 7: Danny Woodhead. I needed a RB2. Like really damn badly and wanted Rashad Jennings to fill that need. He got taken the pick before me (God damn 2 SD starters already fml).

Round 8: I wanted another RB since I didn't want to only have Woodhead as a RB2 option. Ameer Abdullah went before my pick, then Blount, so I took Isaiah Crowell in desperate mode.

Round 9: Arizona DST. I got them as the 4th DST taken and was happy (DEN, CAR and SEA went the round before).

Round 10: Darren Sproles. Hands down the best pick available in this round was Eli Manning and I would have taken him if Ben didnt have the same bye week. Was pretty sad about that actually.

Round 11: Kevin White. If Moncrief fails or one of my WRs gets hurt, and White developed while he was hurt I think I'd be comfortable flexing White.

Round 12: Stafford. I wanted a good backup QB because Ben always misses a couple games, but the way the board fell and bye Stafford was the best I could come up with. Stupid Eli bye 8.

Round 13: Virgil Green. I took Ertz a bit early and his bye is week 4 so I needed a back up TE, so I targeted Green as a late round upside TE that I think could have monster weeks sporadically. Hopefully week 4

Round 14: Tyler Boyd. I wanted this guy on a fantasy team and manon sniped him in TAO so here I get him.

Round 15: Dan Bailey. Because I needed a kicker and he has a decently late bye which I like in kickers (week 7).

is that 12 teams? are you able to s/s the draft results? I'm higher on D Thomas than most so I think that's a decent squad for .5 PPR league. woodhead isn't bad RB2 in that format, not ideal, but not the worst. Also Rothisberger and D Thomas are probably better than Rodgers and whatever WR you grab in Big Bens spot, but that's just my opinion.

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    Agreed. There are some other dumb things on many rankings like Mark Ingram above Jamaal Charles lol

That and DeAndre Hopkins as a top 10 pick. I'll never understand it. Dude's had one standout year and people already wanna put him above AJ, Dez, and Marshall who have all been basically top 10 guys for the past several years. I get it now a bit more with Romo out and AJ hurt but before it was ludicrous if you ask me. The whole "his QB situation improved" argument doesn't work for me either, since I've seen situations in which monstrous numbers one year were followed up by not as good ones the next year despite a better situation. Maybe it'll be Lamar Miller's year? Maybe the new QB will actually be able to spread the ball around a bit? Who knows, but expecting a guy to improve on a monster season is usually false hope. For the record I think his talent is real but I'm not ready to put him above those other guys when he's only really had one great year. This is a case of ranking based on last year to me moreso than trying to project forward
    I heard Reid said the other day that charles wasn't fully taking back his old role as a workhorse yet for what that's worth
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sdb2e3340.gif]

it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    is that 12 teams? are you able to s/s the draft results? I'm higher on D Thomas than most so I think that's a decent squad for .5 PPR league. woodhead isn't bad RB2 in that format, not ideal, but not the worst. Also Rothisberger and D Thomas are probably better than Rodgers and whatever WR you grab in Big Bens spot, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bdog1321 View Post
    I heard Reid said the other day that charles wasn't fully taking back his old role as a workhorse yet for what that's worth
    I mentioned this in the draft. Well not exactly this but that the plan is for Charles to take less touches so he can stay healthy/fresh.

yeah and mark ingram is basically guaranteed to be injured for at least 4 weeks lol

just did my 12 man 0.5 ppr league

nut

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

Bradford just got worth more
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sdb2e3340.gif]

it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

12 team standard scoring

this was my final draft

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    12 team standard scoring

this was my final draft

I like the squad big fan of Langford coming into this year. And Evans will be a beast. gotta assume his #s will be similar to last year with at least 5 more TDs

Thread Information