Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football TAO '16

I've always personally felt a lost fumble should be the same as an INT. fumble = 0. Lost fumble = -2.

I think that sounds the easiest

yuuuuuuuuup

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

You guys were talking about winning and all that. I've never won a single fantasy league ever of any sport. I've won more money than anyone in money league (basically was top scorer in every category), but still only got 3rd there. I usually make the playoffs though and if all you care about doing is winning making the playoffs every year seems like a better bet to have fun than getting last every year and then lucking into a win on chance once.

Also I think missed XP should still be punished. It used to suck, but now it's a longer kick. Presumably teams will also attempt more 2pt conversions, kicker is something that should be as is. One thing we could do to kickers though to nerf them overall is take all kicker stats of any kind and half their values. Like people often score like 60 points in a week and kickers could be 15 of those points. Could just nerf the position as a whole if you guys want maybe not halved, but something. One thing about strong kicker though is if you dont have an elite qb a good kicker secretly was one of the better ways to make up points.

Just be consistent t with kicks. If missed XP is punished, a regular FG miss should also be punished. Personally I think we get enough penalties and its hard enough to score points

Missed short FGs makes sense to me. Missing something from like 50+ isn't too big a deal imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    You guys were talking about winning and all that. I've never won a single fantasy league ever of any sport. I've won more money than anyone in money league (basically was top scorer in every category), but still only got 3rd there. I usually make the playoffs though and if all you care about doing is winning making the playoffs every year seems like a better bet to have fun than getting last every year and then lucking into a win on chance once.

The fact this league has no money attached makes a huge difference. There's no incentive to place well other than 1st place here, so I get that.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

It needs to be changed in our league just because our QBs are scored differently from standard.

-1 for fumble, -2 for lost fumble, then don't forget -1 for a sack as well. That essentially negates a 1yd TD Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Missed short FGs makes sense to me. Missing something from like 50+ isn't too big a deal imo.
    I think the issue is Yahoo doesn't distinguish types of FG misses. It's either all or none. So for the sake of consistency I say we just remove the penalty.

If I'm wrong, then someone who has used commish powers on Yahoo can bring to light how to award different points for different field goal length misses.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    The fact this league has no money attached makes a huge difference. There's no incentive to place well other than 1st place here, so I get that.
    I offered autographed rookie card from a star player from the winners favorite team as a prize. EB won that year and didn't want it (I had a Joe Haden rookie autograph rookie card because he was a Browns fan), so I ended up sending a rookie autographed jersey piece Gronkowski card to KAP just to move it so I didn't feel like acquiring prizes was pointless and he likes the Pats. That is like a $50-100 card on eBay pretty easily on a no entry league. People were completely disinterested in a prize before or after.

Thread Information