Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tao fantasy baseball 16

My pitching is sinking my team this week, but somehow my boss hitters are keeping me competitive.

5.0IP 5H 6ER 1BB 3K L -2.3
    5.2IP 6H 4ER 1BB 3K L -0.3
    4.0IP 3H 4ER 5BB 3K -0.1
    3.0IP 7H 4ER 2BB 2K L -4
    5.2IP 7H 3ER 2BB 4K 3.4
    5.2IP 6H 1ER 3BB 6K 7.4
    5.0IP 6H 2ER 4BB 8K W 9.5

AKA no one got to 6 innings in all 7 pitchers I started lol 1 win, 3L 4 no decision, 0 quality starts. Combined ~6.35 ERA lol.

EDIT: Post this then my RP Trevor Rosenthal goes 0 IP 2 H 1 BB 3 ER L

FML #PlzTeamHitMoarHR

Also, made a post on the Fantasy page bout this, but putting it here as well.

The trade Andrew Miller and Michael Wacha for Aaron Sanchez and Shawn Kelly was proposed to me and I accepted it. While in work, I pulled up the fantasy page where the clock thing is in the corner which said "Uphold vote" or "Deny it" I -thought- Uphold vote meant I voted in favor of myself, however the app immediately used commissioner powers and pushed it through instantly. Negating the voting process.

If any of you have a problem with the trade, you're more than free to majority me here or in the thread I made on the fantasy homepage, and I will reverse the trade using my god powers.

kthxbai.

Holy shit I won by 0.3 I totally thought my team blew it that week with the pitching. Dino didn't start his Saturday pitchers so I pulled ahead. Sweet.

well I've never seen this before....logged in to update this morning and I have 5 SP going tonight haha.

Previous: at Moneyballers (W 160.8-160.8)

I got the win against Dino, even though we apparently tied (stat correction I won at the time by 0.3, but it didn't change my win to a tie) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Previous: at Moneyballers (W 160.8-160.8)

I got the win against Dino, even though we apparently tied (stat correction I won at the time by 0.3, but it didn't change my win to a tie) lol
    we can manually edit playoff schedule if that factors into it.

Currently the high scoring team for the week, but my team has put up the following stats so far today:
    Batting: 2-11, 1 BB, 1 R, 5K
    Pitching: 13.2 IP, 12 ER, 21 H, 7 BB, 8K

______

Pitching at end of day: 22.1 IP, 18 ER, 27 H, 12BB, 1HB, 13 K, 3 L

lolol

I still haven't gotten a bye while now multiple teams have had 2 byes. Not sure if that is advantageous to my team or the opposite, but this double week against Imalive, who is another mega scoring team, is going to be a race. It's the start of day 2 and we are combined for over a 100 so far where the next highest scoring match ups are pacing about 60 combined (I have 63 alone, aka I'd be beating Ima currently, or any other combined match up v. me theoretically).

I really wanna hit 400 this week, which I think is almost impossible (be like getting 200 in back to back weeks with less overloading opportunity) but would be sweet. Basically would need my HR hitters to get hot and smash it (Springer, Machado, Adam Jones, Khris Davis, Saunders, Votto) and my batting average guys to keep it going like Realmuto, Crawford and Schoop, would help if any of my DL guys come back too (Panik, Pence, Grienke).

TAO BASEBALL POWER RANKINGS : ALLSTAR BREAK EDITION -

Rank 1 - No Ship Like My Manship (Gryph) [12-1]

After starting the season 10-0 it's hard not to place myself here, bias aside, but the injury bug has depleted his entire outfield and numerous starting pitchers, this team has yet to be healthy the entire season (Segura, Jd Martinez, Hundley, Fowler, Kershaw, Carrasco, Parra, and now Kimbrel) all missing multiple weeks, and at one point rattled off 6 consecutive victories while only starting 8 batters per day. In a good move, grabbing Sam Dyson in hopes of him being the closer paid off, giving him a full bullpen with a legit closer again.

Playoff odds : 90%

Rank 2 - Grand Theft Votto (Hulky) [11-3]

Coming in what you can argue as Rank 1A is Hulky, whose names on his roster don't exactly jump off the page with the exception of Machado and a regressing Grienke, but Hulky's team is lined from beginning to end with steady production from 1-9 and a group of starting pitchers who live on corners and are quality start masters, His lineup consists of multiple four to five tool players who can hit for average, steal, use the entire field, and bang out homers.

Playoff Odds : 90%

Rank 3 : (The Moneyballers) - Dino [9-4]

A former champion with another steadfast team filled with production and high hoping prospects looking to knock the door off the hinges in highly touted prospects Gioloto and Guerra, but with a steady front end of Bumgarner, Hamels, and Lester, he can afford these types of players. His lineup leaks star power from beginning to end, rolling with Harper, Tulo, Cruz, Perez, and getting steady production from a resurgent Beltran.

Playoff Odds : 85%

Rank 4 : Hold Mah Dickerson (Spencer) [7-6]

Spencer's team is really hit or miss, but he is a notorious playoff contender every year since his join date in 2013. His team is very fluky, but when they are on, they are on, capable of mashing out 20+ homers a week and multiple pitchers in Eickhoff, Walker, Sale and Smyly, all capable of dropping 10+k's a game if they are on, along with a steady fly ball pitcher in Miami with Chen, it's a good recipe, one can hope the end result can be good enough for a deep playoff run.

Rank 5 : King Koji (ImAlive) [8-5]

Just like his name, ImAlive's team stays alive through grit, power, and the American way. He has frontline starts in Arrieta, a resurgent Shark, new Red Sox Allstar Drew Pomeranz, top tier AL ERA leader knuckleballer Steven Wright, and Win master Chris Tillman. And that's just his pitching, his lineup is front loaded and all capable of leaving the yard or giving you those 0-0 5BB walk games as well.

Rank 6 : Betts on Gardner (Joe Mistretta) [5-8]

A sub .500 team cracking the top 8 for seeding makes it slightly interesting, but it's worth noting his team has been absolutely white hot since the beginning of June. He lucked into a dream scenario with Trevor Story and his steady waiver pickups of Reyes, Napoli, and Villar only adds to the potency of MVP Frontrunner Jose Altuve. His pitching is lackluster, but has finally picked themselves off and dusted off with Wainwright pitching like his former self, pair him with the breakout of Trevor Bauer, Rookie of the Year frontrunner Michael Fulton, and steadfast performances from Hendricks, Porcello, and AJ Griffin allow to roll out pitchers with confidence with next to no fear of matchups, that and he has also has Aaron Sanchez, who is enjoying his finest season to date. Despite being under .500, he needs to keep winning, but if his lineup keeps producing at this rate and his pitching remains as steady as it has been, we could be looking at an 8 seed with a 2 seed production.

Playoff Odds : 50%

Rank 7 : Royal Screw Ups (Gypsy) [6-7]

Real life has stopped Gypsy from being able to be fully committed to his cause, however who needs to pay attention that much with a potent lineup filled with MVP awards galore. Posey, Pujols, Braun, Correa. A lights out bullpen in K-Rod, Ziegler, and Wilson gives him high opportunities with high percentage winning teams, couple that with a bunch of pitchers who just eat innings in Kazmir, Kennedy, and Karns. It's lackluster and doesn't jump off the page, but he's around 2-3 pitching waiver pickups from being a legit contender who can knock off pretty much any team in the league with ease.

Playoff Odds : 70%

Rank 8 : Team Philly (PhillySoul) [7-6]

Once again, another participant facing real life worries. But let's not get in twisted, the resident Exit 3 and under from Philly native boasts another potent lineup with 12 batters all capable of destroying opposing pitching in Lucroy, Eddy Encarnacion, Kinsler, Carpenter, and breakout superstar Lindor. Mixing and matching with new Cardinals closer The Final Boss in Oh, massively potent pitching aces in Scherzer, ERA Leader Salazar, and Kluber.

Playoff Odds : 70%

Rank 9 : Windy City Heaters (Nightmarez) [5-8]

Another inactive with a top 3 caliber team, though he should be ranked higher based on team alone, he goes here simply because he hasn't really done anything since week 5. He sports possible MVP Candidate Arenado, Rizzo, Ortiz, Ramos, and Upton, and is lined from top to bottom with current or future star power from beginning to end. His pitching is underperforming and he carries three Tampa Bay pitchers, but hell, Archer on any given start can roll out a string of 10+ k games, steady performances in Odorizzi, Verlander, and Matz give him a solid team. Shame he's not really paying attention to it.

Playoff Odds : 50%

Rank 10 : The Thunder (Thunder) [4-9]

Where there's Thunder there's lightning, but Thunder seems too busy to bother with us lowly people anymore despite having one of the better teams in the league. It's okay though, Cueto, Keuchel, Darvish, King Felix, Tanaka, and Gio seems like a dream rotation that can remain undefeated, I guess all that work and awesome pictures he takes kinda defeats the whole virtual reality thing, keep taking those awesome photos

Playoff Odds : 0%

Rank 11 : Team (H)odor (Blex)

Completely inactive

Rank 12 : Victorious Secret (Veil)

Completely inactive despite ending Gryph's undefeated season in glorious fashion.

Rank 13 : Big Dick Bandits (Sano)

Completely inactive, but understandable, keep up the good work and thanks for the service to our country homie.

Worst part about this league.... if I was in the other division my matchup this week would be for the division lead.....next year we should just do 1 big league no divisions

edit: 8 teams make the playoffs, I retract my previous statement.

Thread Information