Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uploading the Old Forum

Its the people we need more than the pages.. tick tock on the timer. and Where's BR?

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    As long as we save the elim-Gandhi posts I'm happy.
    Must have been an historical moment. Why did they not win any awards I would not know, I don't even remember if there was an award for funniest post/most embarrassing lmfao.
    -Also, why not try to retrieve the battle recordings thread, or at least the majority of the recordings posted so that we can still enjoy watching them. Once the forum is gone it will more than likely be much more difficult to find these videos, at least the really good ones.
    I would bring mine, but sadly none of mine are available anymore, unless I somehow get the hard drive from my old computer which I doubt I can.
    Last edited by elimination; 04-27-2016 at 11:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    you're OUR idiot, which is the point in the end
    Netjak win Netjak strong Netjak forever
    https://vimeo.com/user175625740 my new game recordings

I'll just update this.

Looks like we will be able to transition the old forum. We grabbed about 1.8M posts, and all of the users(I think its something like 55K).

The post count and user count on the old forum is probably incorrect. I know that the user count is not accurate, and I am pretty sure the Post count is also inaccurate.

I am about 90% sure we will be able to grab everything again, this time from the actual site, so that we can also reformat quotes and images and stuff. I'll be converting my previous script into a script that can handle this task later today.

Just a heads up though. . .
    . . .Old forum posts won't be migrated immediately. I still need to sanitize all of the information pulled, and we still need to build the procedures to smoothly merge all the information from the old forums with the data already present on this forum.

I don't think the procedures should take very long to do, but I am pretty overwhelmed with school for the next two weeks, so I may not get to sanitizing everything until mid may.

Very impressive. I've been lazy about grabbing the stuff I wanted, so thanks for doing this

Wizzy

Cool stuff.. it'll be like the forums were never gone

Rep though is something that isn't captured. Same with VMs and PMs to the best of my knowledge, so if you have memories stored there you kinda gotta save it yourselves.

What Hulky says is true. PMs and VMs go bye bye, Rep comments as well as rep totals not captured. Also, no polls, unless we add something for that, but more concerned with overall content.. posts and quoting.

Signatures are on you, if you want them, copy them over. And if you subscribed to any threads in the past that will be broken as well.
    Ignore lists will start over.. I believe all attachments gone too as there are upload to the website db.

Friends list will be broken as we update so wait on the friend requests here please.. Will have to purge and start over. (just discovered this today)

The over good news in posts and their general content saved as well as the memberlist just as Aristocatt states. He has done a great deal of work and putting up with me to make this work.
    (I will move this thread to announcements..)

I am against bringing over ALL of the threads from the old forums.

I understand bringing over the popular threads.. but why bring over all of that crap and junk up this fresh new forum?

Can WE not have a discussion or vote about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoticus View Post
    I am against bringing over ALL of the threads from the old forums.

I understand bringing over the popular threads.. but why bring over all of that crap and junk up this fresh new forum?

Can WE not have a discussion or vote about this?
    If you want to have a vote you should probably pick something that you wouldn't lose in an overwhelming landslide.

I see no reason not to bring over all of the posts, what's your thinking Zot?

Thread Information