Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

Well I was totally wrong. Lol. Good for Dustin.
    Also Michael Chandler made a real statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

It’s just more the Rocky 3 story I think. He’s totally comfortable and filthy rich. I could see Conor getting hungry again for a third fight and coming back stronger than ever. The thing about him is he’s not afraid to lose. At all. He’s never ducked anyone, and he begs for fights with guys like Khabib and Floyd Mayweather who have never been beaten. Of course he gets paid a lot but all superstars do.
    I think the rubber match between these guys will be epic. Conor is already talking about it.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I knew that Poirier was going to be a problem for McGregor, the guy can fight. I spent all of last week watching any of his fights I could find and the dude hits extremely hard and has an iron chin. I didn't get to watch this PPV but i saw the highlights.. IMO McGregor was always at his peak fighting at 145, i dont' like him at these higher weights.

So in my opinion... it now needs to be Dustin vs Chandler for either the Interim belt, or to see who fights Khabib for the real belt. I know Chandler has only had 1 UFC fight but come on, that dude is the real deal. He moves like Uriah Faber and hits 3x as hard.. and it should be McGregor vs Gaithie which is a fight i really really wanna see.

Next PPV is stacked as well. 3 title fights

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Yeah I’d love to see Poirier vs Chandler. Can’t really have a better intro fight than Chandler had. I’ve seen Hooker fight a lot, including his recent war with Diamond, and he’s an animal. Chandler finishing him that fast was a shock.
    And you’re right, Dustin is so good now. To think how far he has come from that small town documentary film years ago is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Yeah I’d love to see Poirier vs Chandler. Can’t really have a better intro fight than Chandler had. I’ve seen Hooker fight a lot, including his recent war with Diamond, and he’s an animal. Chandler finishing him that fast was a shock.
    And you’re right, Dustin is so good now. To think how far he has come from that small town documentary film years ago is unreal.
    Yeah Hooker is a very very good fighter, but he looked overwhelmed by the star power that chandler brought.

similar to how dustin was with the first mcgregor fight

I really respect Conor for how he handled this fight, the pressers, the fight itself and the loss. Very classy, very humble.

@wizzy - just imagine if McGregor fought(or fights) Gaithie. He won't survive round 1.. i've seen justin TKO at least 2 people from LEG KICKS alone.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

But what’s weird is Conor has had people leg kicking him since he got to the UFC. Like Chael said on his podcast, he checks them and throws a straight left and the guy usually wishes he hadn’t thrown the kick in the first place.
    The fact that he was so unprepared for leg kicks, so unprepared for the takedown ( which was pretty much an accident anyway ) and looked so confused and puzzled about what to do once he was down, just shows how truly rusty Conor was.
    Way too Rusty for a guy like Poirier or like you said Justin. But I still totally believe he can come back and return to form. I’m telling ya it’s Rocky III!

The Jake Paul vs Ben Askren boxing match is actually kind of interesting to me. Clearly Jake Paul looks like he’s picked up boxing very well for an amateur who started late and he had a big KO against a retired basketball player and he can work a speed bag and look cool in training. Awesome. He’s making this thing happen. American Dream.
    And clearly Ben Askren isn’t a great striker when compared to most successful martial artists. He’s an outstanding grappler and that’s his game. But he did put together a 20-0 mma record before his last 2 losses, and he did knock some guys out along the way.
    But the thing people who think Paul will KO Askren aren’t considering is that Askren is a mutant. Everyone in the UFC is a mutant. There are thousands and thousands of cage fighters all over the world, but in my opinion the one thing the people who make it to the UFC have in common is their ability to take punishment. I don’t know how many undercard fights I’ve watched with 2 sloppy, unimpressive fighters who I’ve never heard of who beat the living shit out of each other for fifteen minutes straight and both are smiling at the end and hardly tired. It’s scary.
    Ben Askren might have been overmatched by the UFC elite and exposed and that’s fine, but he has a cement block for a head and the gas tank of a world class and lifelong wrestler. He’s not a retired basketball player.
    I think he’ll press and pressure Jake Paul, tie him up and maul him. Work his body. I think Paul will hit Askren a lot and it won’t do shit. I think Paul will get tired and Askren won’t and eventually Askren will knock him out.
    And that should be the beginning of the end to people giving an actual shit about who Jake Paul boxes, including me.

Yeah me too. Like I said, American Dream. It’s actually amazing what he’s doing and now he has a big name cage fighter agreeing to a boxing match. He knows what he’s doing.
    But as far as people saying Askren can’t box and these YouTube videos showing Paul’s boxing skill and all that, it doesn’t even matter. A boxing match between Jake Paul and Ben Askren is only a boxing match until Jake Paul gets tired, and he will. Then it’s just going to be Jake Paul in the ring with a gorilla and too tired to fight him off.

Kamara Usman is a terminator. Welterweight is absolutely stacked and he just keeps crushing everyone.

Mirko Cro Cop was the ultimate Terminator in terms of fighting IMO. I taught fighting for years, and that dude, in his prime, pulled off shit that I intentionally taught people NOT to do. He would just walk directly at you, with no tactical stance, and kick you in the fucking face as if he had no fear because he was made of metal. I think that's why he had so much success. It'd be like if someone started a 1v1 soccer game, and then some dude got into a tank against a five year old and while the kid was trying to kick the ball, the tank had a loud speaker that was like "WHEN I WAS BOY IN SOVIET UNION." He only didn't have success in the UFC because he got there too late in life. That guy, other than Anderson Silva, is the scariest fighter I've ever seen.

Edit: Wait fuck, they actually used the Terminator 2 theme for the promo before him and Fedor fought.

Thread Information