Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Fight Club

He reminds me of Arlovski when he was in his prime. Arlovski was awesome to watch when he was younger, he was a huge guy but he was so insanely athletic. He used to move like a middle weight but he'd absolutely crush people. It was all down hill for him after Fedor knocked him out, which was his own damn fault. He was actually pretty handily besting Fedor and if he just stuck to that game plan I think he would have beaten him. But then he decided to try to pull off a crazy flying knee super early in the fight and left himself wide open and Fedor dropped him. He was doing just fine kick boxing with him.
    Тахиатай ч үүр цайна, тахиагүй ч үүр цайна

Yes Arlovski is a good comparison. No idea what kind of chin Hardy has yet but that was The Pitbull’s weakness for sure.
    Last edited by Hugh; 08-31-2018 at 06:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I am genuinely the life of the party

Yeah, if Tim Sylvia knocks you out, you have a problem. I hated that damn guy. He hijacked the heavyweight division for like a year and just used his reach to coast to decisions. He's inarguably the most boring MMA fighter of all time. When Randy Couture came out of retirement and beat the ever living fuck out of him was possibly my favorite fight of all time. Hell, I would happily fight Tim Sylvia and I'd bet on me to win. That guy was a joke who just happened to have very long arms and could outreach people. He wasn't a fighter, he just perfected using the rules to his advantage. He had no knockout power at all, no speed, can't roll. He temporarily ruined the heavyweight division. Thank god Couture kicked his ass into retirement.

Sylvia derailed two awesome fighters too. Jeff Monson and Brandon Vera were both amazing up and coming fighters, and Sylvia just jabbed for five rounds and basically ruined their careers. He didn't fight to win, he fought not to lose. I loved Monson and he should have amounted to a lot more, but in his title fight Sylvia basically just jabbed him for 25 minutes.

Arlovski definitely suffered from a weak chin though, you're right about that for sure. He was able to hide it for years because he was so talented.
    Last edited by Achilles; 08-31-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    Тахиатай ч үүр цайна, тахиагүй ч үүр цайна

That fight was incredible but the decision was absolutely wrong

I scored it 8 rounds to 4 in favor of GGG. Super close those so I can't argue I guess but there's no way imo GGG didn't win a lot of those middle.rounds.

They all float down here. The Butcher's Avatar

They all float down here. The Butcher's Avatar

Thread Information