Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

They should just roll with it and hold fights in abandoned warehouses and fish docks so we can finally live Street Fighter.

So a couple of weeks ago Jon Jones got arrested for driving drunk...AGAIN. He also had an unregistered gun in the car.
    So I was listening to Chael Sonnen talk about motivation in sports. He said for himself personally he stopped being a motivated athlete at about 28, but continued to be a competitive athlete until he was 42. He still had the urge to compete, but he wasn’t motivated. At least not like when he was young.
    I started thinking about the list of UFC champs who were dominant but quickly lost their edge. Cain Velasquez comes to mind. BJ Penn, Johnny Hendricks, Andrei Arlofski, Junior Desanto, Rhonda Rousey. Lots of experts say it’s a question of motivation when it happens. Once they reach the top they just don’t have the same motivation. The Rocky III story basically. Not everyone is Tom Brady ( psycho).
    Maybe Jon Jones gets in trouble to create adversity. Maybe, whether consciously or not, he keeps crossing the line to create haters and doubters and something to overcome? I mean all things considered, he still has never really been beaten, and these days he’s always in a hard fight where he needs to dig deep to win, and he always does. There’s literally no quit in him.
    Interesting to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

https://apple.news/ARFxGpzkBSLOTFhH6aHEeSw

Posted again because Fight Club.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

GSP is arguably the best all around fighter in MMA history, while Khabib has the most dominant ground game in MMA history. I think it would be more of GSP trying to keep it in stand up and maybe going to the ground if he could get Khabib on his back. Khabib would obviously be working to get GSP on the ground and do his thing. Khabib’s stand up game is underrated though... Would be a great fight.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3AO9gU9DSRI

I was watching some random MMA matches the other day and came across this one. Possibly the greatest comeback I’ve ever seen. If you haven’t seen it you gotta watch it.

If the fight was anywhere else it would have been stopped lol

Ref: if he dies... he dies. /shrug

Bet on UFC on draftkings just because I miss sports, and I have literal 0 knowledge of UFC. The only two I know are George St. Pierre and Rhonda Roussey. Anyways I made my lineup and 4 of the first 5 of my fights win. Was in good position to make probably $50 to $70 off a $25 buy in. Then Nunes v. Spencer happened. I picked Spencer and its currently 120 significant strikes and 6 takedowns to 36 significant strikes and 0 take downs.

I might not money now, because apparently Nunes is a superstar and like 40% rostered lol. I ----think--- I should be good to go @$40 so $15 made, but I was doing pretty hot before this fight lol.

edit: Nunes is 59% owned, I might get fucked

edit2: woo it's over I won $40 (minus the $25 buy in)

Well you won money so nice work. If you ever want any advice on a match or card I’ll try to help. I’m not an expert but I’m a big fan and I follow it close.
    And yeah, Amanda Nunes is the greatest female fighter in MMA history. Don’t bet on her to lose for a long time.
    I’m shocked Spencer went the distance. I wouldn’t have even bet on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Well you won money so nice work. If you ever want any advice on a match or card I’ll try to help. I’m not an expert but I do love it and I follow it pretty close.
    And yeah, Amanda Nunes is the greatest female fighter in MMA history. Don’t bet on her to lose for a long time.
    I’m shocked Spencer went the distance. I wouldn’t have even bet on that.

I went Spencer, Garbrant, O'Malley, Pitolo, Menifield, Burns.

If I had benched Menifield for a cheaper option I probably could have upgraded Spencer to Nunes, but I dunno who that would have been cost wise. If I remember right Menifield was pretty expensive like the $9000 range, and then he lost. I think Spencer was like 6800 - 7200 and Nunes was like mid9000 range maybe?

I doubt I'll bet it frequently, it's probably like Golf and the NBA for me where I'll be bored and miss sports and place a rando bet with essentially 0 knowledge.

Oh I've obviously heard of Connor McGregor too and whoever Chandler Jones' brother is, but I kinda assume the guys I've heard of are basically the LeBrons of UFC and are mostly irrelevant to a draftkings lineup because they'd be widely owned and dictate the entire budget of your lineup.
    Last edited by Hulky; 06-07-2020 at 01:54 AM.

Money and fame are a hell of a drug

Thread Information