Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Fight Club

Did you watch it, Wizzy?
    I think Masvidal can take Usman if they fight again. He had zero time to prepare and Usman is a machine. Still he can’t stand with Masvidal for 5 rounds and if Jorge has a full camp training how to keep Usman at distance and off the ground I think he can knock him out.
    Loved seeing Rose win again. UFC needs a Rose comeback.
    Aldo fought better than I thought but the game has moved past him. It’s so weird that Aldo was only 28 and was on an 18-0 10 year undefeated streak when he fought Conor. He was in his prime and considered the pound-for-puns best cage fighter in the world. Conor knocked him out in 10 seconds...
    And Aldo has lost 5 times since. He’s still tough but NOTHING like he was before Conor. That fight changed everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    I don't really like cartoons.

I did watch.

Something I've heard since getting into MMA/UFC is that once you get knocked out the first time it changes you as a fighter and you're more prone to knockouts.\
    I was never a fan of Aldo and although I recognize his talent, like you said, the game has passed him. There are better fighters coming into the world of MMA all the time. Jose's time is over. Unless he can adapt, but at 33 years old I don't see that happening.

I was sad to see the results. It wasn't as good a card as I hoped it would be, they were great matchups. But like you said(again), Masvidal had zero prep time. I'd like to see that fight with Masvidal at full strength.

I was a bit disappointed with the event overall but that's just from a "I want to see people beat the shit out of each other non-stop and the person I want to win, win!" perspective.
    As a fan, there was potential on the card. But I think it was rushed. Especially the Usman/Masvidal fight. He has to get a rematch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Dogs donít wear hats.

Yeah I felt the same way. It was an epic card on paper, which it why it sold 1.3 million PPVs. A huge number for the UFC, but it didn’t really live up to the hype. The rematch with Max and Volk was exactly like the first one with the exact result. The main event was exciting but Masvidal just didn’t have enough time to prep. I was glad Rose won her rematch with Andrade but I’m not sure I agree with the decision.

Be honest.
    Who here is going to watch Mike Tyson fight Roy Jones Jr? I will, though I’m a tiny bit ashamed of how excited I am to see Tyson again.

Tyson is still scary strong... he's gonna kill Roy Jones Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Dogs donít wear hats.

I agree. I don’t see how RJJ can stay away from Tyson at 51. No way he has the quickness to stick and move like that anymore. Tyson looks like he can still do that same bob/weave/slip shit and throw bombs like he always did, at least for a couple of rounds.
    I don’t see RJJ surviving 2 rounds with Tyson.

Thread Information