Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

I think there’s a good argument to be made for Jones or GSP for GOAT. GSP cleaned out the toughest division in MMA during his reign, old guard and up and comers. However, Johnny Hendricks kicked the shit out of him for 5 rounds, in my opinion, even though GSP got the win. Worst decision I’ve seen in the UFC, and it makes me wonder how GSP would do against a lot of fighters from this era he never faced. Keep in mind, GSP isn’t even 40 yet.
    Anderson Silva dominated a lot of potatoes for a long time. Yeah he was the man, but guys like Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar, Chris Leben, Rich Franklin and James Irvin would try to kickbox him and it was just stupid. They had nowhere near his skill or experience. Then Anderson hung around too long and started getting his ass kicked by everyone. He’s still doing that.
    Bones has never actually been beaten since he got to the UFC ( minus the 1 DQ ). As far as GOAT, he might be, but he’s been in a lot of wars lately.
    Some people say Khabib has never even lost a round. I’ve never seen him in actual trouble. I know he beats the shit out of everyone the exact same way, but he still beats the shit out of everyone. Tony Ferguson is talking shit about Khabib “running away”. After what Khabib just did to Gaethje, and seeing how he handled Conor and Dustin, pretty easy to say he’d do the exact same to Tony.
    Khabib is 32. Maybe he takes some time off and comes back and cleans out everyone else. Then his GOAT status will be cemented. But I agree he probably needs to do more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

great points Hugh

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Well you got me thinking and you’re right. He isn’t the GOAT. As dominant as he was, he didn’t do enough.
    If there’s a chapter 2 to his career I think he will be.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Khabib should come back and go for the welterweight belt.
    Khabib is a big lightweight. He might have not even legitimately made weight in his last fight. Conor occasionally goes up to fight welterweight and Khabib is a bigger guy than Conor.
    He should come back and go for the welterweight belt. They would probably put him right into a title match against Usman, or a warm up fight with Covington or Masvidal first. Either way it would be epic.
    If he wants to be the undisputed GOAT, that’s the way to do it.

Personally i really like the lightweight division without him in it, so I'd be down for that.

Speaking of GOATs, thoughts on Silvas last fight coming up?

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Silva even just 5 years ago would KO Uriah Hall but now? He’s 45 years old. I don’t see it.
    I hope he does. I liked Hall when he came through TUF but he’s been a major disappointment and now at 36 he’s basically past it. It’s a great final fight for Silva. An opponent who loves to trade and occasionally gets knocked out.
    I don’t know what will happen but I’ll be rooting for Silva. It would be awesome to see the Spider get one last finish before hanging it up.
    What do you think?

Watched the highlights of the Tyson/RJJ exhibition on YouTube and it really did look like Tyson could have KO’d Jones at any time if it was a real fight. Not that it should surprise anyone.
    Also I saw the highlight of Jake Paul knocking out Nate Robinson the basketball player and I still have no idea why a fight between those two people even happened on tv much less PPV, but it looked like a good KO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy View Post
    I hate Jake/Logan Paul cause they're pretty terrible people.. but I can not deny the fact that Jake Paul knows how to fuckin' box. What the fuck.

@Hugh: Jake Paul fought some youtuber in a boxing match a while back and won. So now it's kind of a "thing". I wonder if he'll fight again/against who. I really wanna see him get knocked out -_-
    Okay, I looked up his brother’s fight. They both look pretty damn good in the ring considering they aren’t real boxers. Still don’t know what Nate Robinson was doing but it’s probably like when 50 cent threw the first pitch out at a Mets game. Honestly looked like my grandma throwing it. Clearly he had never thrown any kind of ball in his life and had no idea what he was doing, but he’s too far up his own ass to realize it.
    Same with Nate Robinson. He’s probably like “ Hey I was a professional athlete. I can totally kick this guys ass. I mean I’ve never been in a fight or even punched anyone but how hard can it be?”
    Last edited by Hugh; 11-29-2020 at 02:24 PM.

I didn’t see it. I was stuck at work last night and forgot to record it.
    Shitfuckdammit!

Return of Conor tonight. Just started watching the prelims.
    It’ll be a better fight than before with Dustin I think, and by better I mean I doubt he’ll finish Dustin in the 1st round again.
    But Conor will still finish him. The power difference is just too great. I say Conor KOs him in the 3rd.

Thread Information