Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

I scored it 8 rounds to 4 in favor of GGG. Super close those so I can't argue I guess but there's no way imo GGG didn't win a lot of those middle.rounds.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Banner by Madamos

I think Conor KOs Khabib and Pettis beats Ferguson by decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Well I sure called that one. Lol.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I honestly think McGregor is wildly overrated. I always have. He's certainly very good, but not as good as he's played out to be; he's just extremely marketable between his persona and the fact that he's fun to watch. But in a technical sense I've honestly never been impressed with him. He absolutely scraps, but he's not as good as the media will have you believe.

I think everyone knew Khabib was gonna win Hugh.. and you didn't get the Pettis one right, i wouldn't be too proud of that one

I was supremely impressed by Ferguson though, I've never seen him fight and I thought he was incredible. Can't wait to see him vs Khabib

As for McGregor, I will always love the guy. His striking is supreme... but so was Dominique Cruz's and we saw what one fighter did to him. It is what it is, I think Khabib's fighting style is pathetic cheap and boring, but yeah, it'll win fights.

I dunno about him vs Ferguson though.. I've never seen that kind of pressure. Khabib is gonna have to get ahold of him even more than he did with Connor to win, otherwise he's gonna get pummeled

Banner by Madamos

I actually got them both wrong. I was being sarcastic.
    I don’t know. I’ve seen Khabib take a lot of shots closing the gap and I thought Conor would catch him. Conor obviously got dominated but he was so hesitant when they were standing. He would press but not engage. He kept waiting to counter but he waited way too long.
    I called Pettis because of what a great kicker he is and the fact that Ferguson was coming off that horrible knee. Pettis hurt him with kicks early, and almost knocked him out in round 2, but Tony was started to stalk him and really busting him up. It was a great fight until Pettis broke his hand, but yeah. Tony was walking him down. He was going to finish Pettis at some point.
    I’d like to see Ferguson fight Khabib. The pressure like you said, but Ferguson has an amazing ground game too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    As for McGregor, I will always love the guy. His striking is supreme... but so was Dominique Cruz's and we saw what one fighter did to him. It is what it is, I think Khabib's fighting style is pathetic cheap and boring, but yeah, it'll win fights.
    McGregor actually isn't that proficient of a striker. He's actually pretty sloppy. The reason I know this is because he's close to my size and he fights like I do.

I knew two people who in a technical sense were far superior to me, and the way I bested them almost every time was the same thing as McGregor. While they had a better technical understanding of the fundamental framework of fighting - I was way better and pulling the trigger. So even though if you put us under a microscope and saw who was performing strikes and deterring strikes and moving correctly, it didn't matter. Even though they were both better than me they didn't have that ability in a mental capacity to just go for broke and start throwing right hands from the cheap seats.

McGregor is basically the same thing. There's being extremely technical, like Anderson Silva, then there's being someone who's athletic and just knows how to initiate without fear, like McGregor. I was the latter of the two. I could find loads of people who are way better strikers than him, he just has the balls to jump right into it. Which takes a lot of guys off guard, hence his success.

I'm not saying he's a bad fighter, I'm saying he isn't as good of a striker as people think he is. He scraps. He isn't Anderson Silva but nobody can deny he's a tough dude who isn't afraid to jump into it with someone and square up. Which works for some people if you execute it well. A lot of guys, no matter how good they are, lose their sack if they hit you and you keep coming at them. They're used to and even bred to think they can outclass people; there's an old saying about it - "I don't care how good at Jits you are and how much gi rolling you did, you can't hit in straight Jits. So when you get me on the ground you might be a black belt, but when I punch you in the face once, you're a brown belt. When I punch you a couple more times, you're a purple belt. Eventually I'll punch you enough until you're a white belt." That's more or less McGregor's approach - he just gets in your face.

I'm not saying he's a bad fighter, I'm just saying he's not technically as proficient as people give him credit for.

We will have to agree to disagree Ach. I really like Connor's striking, that's just me. I do agree that his style has gotten him beat twice, but it's also gotten him a couple of belts and I just enjoy it. I see the confidence he has in picking his shots etc. But, i like Ferguson better, i'm starting to REALLY like Ferguson tbh. I would love to fight like him.

And Hugh sorry buddy I misread you. I know you know what you're talking about though FWIW

I would love to see this card:

Khabib vs GSP for title
    McGregor vs Ferguson

winners fight

then round out the card with a couple of huge heavyweights, a women's bout and someone else.

Banner by Madamos

Thread Information