Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

I got into a private training program with Mark Dellagrotte. I'm like beside myself, I can't believe he accepted me. I have my chops with fighting but I can't believe someone of that caliber took me on as a student. I sparred him this morning for the first time.

Oh Islam is a killer. Khabib said he’s more certain of Islam becoming champ than he is of his own retirement.
    About to watch this main event. I think Adasanya is going to straight Matrix Jan’s ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

My string of calling fights wrong remains firmly intact.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Really disappointed with UFC 259. One of these days I’ll learn that the ones hyped and built up the most are usually a let down.
    All the main event fights were either boring or disappointing, with the exception of Amanda Nunes who crushed Megan Anderson in 1 round.

I don’t remember them saying anything about it on tv.
    And yes the DQ in the Yan/Sterling title fight was very disappointing. Hate seeing a championship fight end that way.
    I was getting irritated that they took so long to call it. Sterling was clearly concussed. That guy fought his ass off at a crazy pace for 4 rounds and after that knee to the forehead he could not stand. They asked him way too many times if he was ok or wanted to continue. Of course he wanted to fucking continue. HE COULDN’T! He couldn’t even sit up. It was bullshit. I could see that from my Lazy Boy.
    I know Yan asked his corner and they said to kick him and all that crap, but Petr Yan is the world champ and should know the basic fucking rules.

Francis absolutely destroyed Stipe. It wasn’t even competitive.
    Francis is so physically gifted all he had to was work on fundamentals and stay calm and he took out arguably the greatest heavyweight champ of all time with no trouble at all. Incredible.
    Imagine being such a badass you could get locked in a cage with the UFC heavyweight champ and think “as long as I focus on my breathing and don’t get too excited, this guy has no chance.” Lol.
    I swear there are some superhuman people in Cameroon. I watched this YouTube clip of sone pro arm wrestlers who went to Cameroon to train and they found this auto mechanic who is so massive and strong that they started making videos with him. The mechanic does these feats of strength with zero training that pros can’t do. They ask him to lift stuff and he just does and they all crack up. His hands are twice the size of a regular man’s hand.

Yeah, that was a total fix. The one and only angle they show of the KO looks like a punch from Walker Texas Ranger. Askren got punched in the face for a living with MMA gloves. No way Jake Paul knocks him out with 1 punch wearing boxing gloves. Lol. So stupid.
    Ben Askren is 36 and made $500k for 1 minute of work. That’s more than he ever made in any fight. Plus nobody else was paying him to do anything, so why not?
    I guess I did assume Askren was going to try to win, but now I have no idea why I did. Of course Paul was going to control everything that happened.
    At least I didn’t pay for it.

Edit- Okay so the punch definitely looks real but I still think it was set up. Or maybe Ben Askren just didn’t give a shit.
    Either way I have to eat some crow because I gave Jake Paul no chance.
    Last edited by Hugh; 04-19-2021 at 08:00 AM.

So UFC 261 was insane.
    First, I LOVE Thug Rose and when she knocked out Weill I jumped out of my chair. But when they put the belt on her...that whole thing almost brought me to tears. One of my favorite UFC moments ever.
    Bullet made a point of beating Andrade in a way that nobody saw coming. It was a statement, and left zero questions.
    Jorge Masvidal has never been KO’d in 50 pro fights, until tonight. Kamara Usman threw a straight right and it looked like Masvidal got shot in the head. One of the greatest highlight reel KOs ever. I think Usman set the record for most consecutive UFC wins, and somehow he’s still improving.
    And finally...
    So 7 years ago Chris Weidman fought Anderson Silva for the light heavyweight belt. Silva threw a leg kick, Weidman checked it, and Silva’s leg wrapped around Weidman’s shin like it was made of rubber. One of the most gruesome and unusual injuries in UFC history.
    So Weidman fought Uriah Hall tonight. I’ve seen Weidman fight lots of times since the Silva fight, but for some reason my brothers and I started talking about that fight 7 years ago. My brother said “Can you imagine if Weidman came out threw a leg and broke his leg?”
    Weidman comes out, throws one leg kick, Hall checks it, and Weidman’s leg shatters around Hall’s shin exactly like it happened to Silva. No shit. I could not believe it. I’ve seen that injury twice and Weidman was both the cause and victim. One of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen in sports.
    Crazy night.
    Last edited by Hugh; 04-25-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Floyd Mayweather is going to kill Logan Paul right?

Floyd Mayweather is going to kill Logan Paul right?
    Probably not. I mean of course Mayweather will “win” the “boxing match” but he’ll probably take it easy on Paul and drag it out a while.
    If Mayweather wanted to end it in 30 second of course he could, but if people are going to keep buying these bullshit “fights” he needs to put on a show so they kind of get their money’s worth.
    Last edited by Hugh; 04-27-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Thread Information