Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

Default Fight Club

First rule of Fight Club is...
    Actually there are no rules. If I said not to talk about Fight Club that would be stupid because the club is really just this thread, or more the people who post in this thread. There's no reason not to talk about it, at least amongst ourselves. Especially if the club members want to talk about the club within the club thread, or even outside of it. Even with people who aren't in the club. I have no problem with that. Also everyone is welcome to join the club, and by join the club I mean just be a part of it. You don't have to do anything.
    So...
    Bones Jones made his return last night, an unimpressive 5 round decision over a guy he would have killed a couple years ago. Ring rust or lost confidence? Both? I hope Cormier kicks his ass.
    Think Mcgregor is really retiring? I saw Ben Henderson fighting on a Bellator card the other day. Could Conor go there? Could that shift the power balance finally? Or at least give the UFC some competition?

McGregor is actually back on UFC 200. He and the UFC disagreed about media obligations, but it looks like they were able to come to a compromise. Not sure if he'll be able to beat Diaz this time around, but I'm excited to see it.

Bones didn't look fantastic, but he was also essentially in complete control throughout the fight. OSP had some moments and Jones didn't look nearly as dominant as in the past, but I also don't think he was ever in any real danger against a guy known primarily for his power. I'm not sure if Cormier can overcome the reach and size disadvantage to take out Bones. I'll take Bones in the rematch, though I would love to see Cormier thrash him.

As much as I love seeing the top guys fight each other, I feel that Bellator is a better situation for a lot of fighters. The UFC treats most of their fighters like shit and doesn't pay them as much as they probably should. I am in favor of more top fighters moving to Bellator if it helps the fighters make more money. Bellator sometimes puts on a good show and I hope they continue to do well. That being said, Benson got pretty much dominated in his most recent Bellator fight. I only saw a few highlights, but Koreshkov seemed to really take it to him. Askren demolished Koreshkov a few years ago (his only loss) and it's a damn shame that we haven't been able to see Askren test his abilities against the top fighters in the world. I think he would do very well, and could potentially be the UFC WW champ.

Is Bones the cocaine one?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Is Bones the cocaine one?
    He's the incredibly dominant and talented fighter who was in the news once for cocaine, yes. And he didn't have to look that good Darkness all he had to do was win.

As far as McGregor, i still love the guy. I don't care who he fights. I would love to see him fight Diaz though

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    And he didn't have to look that good Darkness all he had to do was win.
    That's exactly the point I was getting at, and he looked good doing it (just not as dominant as usual).

I actually just got back into teaching fighting and it's causing a pretty large amount of trouble in the local martial arts community. The drama in my life right now is more or less a Karate Kid movie. Will update when I crane kick someone in the face. There is no defense.

(This isn't a joke, I'm dead serious)

Is it like when Bruce Lee had to fight Wong Jack Man for the right to teach Kung Fu to the white devils?

It literally is, and that's an awesome reference.

My sister's boyfriend owns a Crossfit gym, and he decided he wants to offer a self defense seminar for women, which I used to teach. So I'm helping him build a program as he doesn't know a whole lot about it. His gym is like two miles down two miles down the street from where I used to teach, and my old boss turned up because he saw my name on a flier circulating the local area.

It's become more or less a Cobra Kai scenario.

Sweet.
    No mercy, Ach.

Micheal Bisping is the UFC middleweight champ.

Thread Information