Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

Did you watch it, Wizzy?
    I think Masvidal can take Usman if they fight again. He had zero time to prepare and Usman is a machine. Still he can’t stand with Masvidal for 5 rounds and if Jorge has a full camp training how to keep Usman at distance and off the ground I think he can knock him out.
    Loved seeing Rose win again. UFC needs a Rose comeback.
    Aldo fought better than I thought but the game has moved past him. It’s so weird that Aldo was only 28 and was on an 18-0 10 year undefeated streak when he fought Conor. He was in his prime and considered the pound-for-puns best cage fighter in the world. Conor knocked him out in 10 seconds...
    And Aldo has lost 5 times since. He’s still tough but NOTHING like he was before Conor. That fight changed everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Yeah I felt the same way. It was an epic card on paper, which it why it sold 1.3 million PPVs. A huge number for the UFC, but it didn’t really live up to the hype. The rematch with Max and Volk was exactly like the first one with the exact result. The main event was exciting but Masvidal just didn’t have enough time to prep. I was glad Rose won her rematch with Andrade but I’m not sure I agree with the decision.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Be honest.
    Who here is going to watch Mike Tyson fight Roy Jones Jr? I will, though I’m a tiny bit ashamed of how excited I am to see Tyson again.

I agree. I don’t see how RJJ can stay away from Tyson at 51. No way he has the quickness to stick and move like that anymore. Tyson looks like he can still do that same bob/weave/slip shit and throw bombs like he always did, at least for a couple of rounds.
    I don’t see RJJ surviving 2 rounds with Tyson.

Khabib retired in the ring today after easily finishing Justin Gaethje. Hardly broke a sweat.
    He always said he wanted to get to 30-0 then hang it up, but he called it quits at 29-0. Anyone else I would say he’ll come back for a superfight but Khabib doesn’t play games. His dad died, who had always been his trainer, and he said he seriously considered quitting then but decided to give Justin his chance. It wasn’t close.
    Khabib is the greatest MMA fighter of all time. Most dominant champion and cage fighter to ever do it.

I would like to respectfully disagree.

Khabib never lost, that's true, but 10-15 of his wins are total bums. He beat a lot of huge names in the division but he didn't beat them all (Ferguson for example). He ducked Tony several times, and I'm not sure why, as much as I love Tony I don't think he could have handled Khabib anyway.

He has 4 title defenses, total, ever. Jones has 15. FIF.TEEN.

he MIGHT be the best Lightweight of all time.. and he did earn my respect with this last fight for the first time. I am not knocking him down, please don't think that (because last year I was knocking him down, i hated the guy) but the MMA goat? I strongly disagree with this. I mean, McGregor had multiple titles at once at lightweight. (but I understand most of McGregors success is just him being a polarizing figure, i don't believe he had more than 1 title defense.)

I also don't agree with them moving him up to #1 PfP. I suppose, with all the controversy with Jones that it is appropriate at the moment.. but if JJ does fight at heavy weight and wins that belt, forget about it. He's already probably the greatest of all time, the only reason it's even a debate is because he's a fucking idiot who can't keep himself out of trouble.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

his wrestling, grappling and conditioning are top tier, and his drive and heart. But when someone says "GOAT", i think a lot of things have to be considered and one of the most crucial things is title defenses. I mean, Matt Sera was a champion... Bisping was a champion.. you wouldn't even consider them when talking about being the greatest of all time.

I'd have to really think if I could even call him the greatest lightweight of all time.. he may have the best record but I'd have to do some research.

Right now I have Jon Jones, Anderson Silva and Royce Gracie well above Khabib for the "GOAT" title. A case for GSP could easily be made also, but I'm not a huge fan of his.

Banner by Madamos

talking with a co worker about this exact thing just a few minutes ago - he made a good point i felt i should share

despite Khabib's opponents in his first 20 or so fights being pretty much no-names, he has never even been CLOSE to losing a fight. he may have lost 2 rounds in his career - 1 of them being round 1 vs McGregor. i remember seeing that round and thinking there was no way mcgregor was going to lose that fight, his takendown defense was incredible.

so - that is a great point to make in Khabib's favor.. but we both agreed he's no GOAT

Banner by Madamos

so i see UFC officially moved Khabib into the #1 PfP spot

Looking at the lineup, i do agree it's fair right now. Jones hasn't fought and in my opinion he needs to earn that title back. Khabib earned it.

Banner by Madamos

Thread Information