That was a great fight. Nate Diaz and his brother Nick are like the weirdest fighters I've ever seen. They both have this super goofy, dumbass orangutan unorthodox style of fighting. The weird thing though is that when it works, it works incredibly well. Not even because it's practical, I think it's just so weird it massive throws people off. I actually have had tons of conversations with people I bang around with. Every now and then over the years someone will come into the gym, and have like an odd disposition and be physically awkward. In a purely fundamental sense you're an all around better kick boxer. But then he just starts doing some weird shit and even though he's not better than you, he's catching you. You catch on after fighting people like that after a few rounds, but I've had my clock cleaned tons of times by weird gangly people, or people with any type of weird sense of movement. That's basically the Diaz brothers to me.

So people like Diaz and his brother, they need a lot of attention to train for. I know you love this stuff so I can give you a first hand account of how I'm in a similar situation.

So I fight 125. Hopefully again in a few months (it's been a while so I'm taking my time). I'm right handed, but I fight with my lead hand forward when I box, which I've just always done. So my jab and lead hooks are right in your face basically. Now I'm not claiming this is a better way to do things, it's probably not for most people. It's just what I've always done, and relative to my size it works for me because you basically can't catch me in a fight. The unorthodoxy throws people off and it's a huge advantage.

So the fact that Masvidal schooled Diaz that bad definitely means that guy did his homework. It'd be like if you and I fought. I'd probably wreck you at first because I'm this super small unorthodox fighter, but if we kept at it and you paid enough attention to what I was doing you'd eventually figure me out. I might be weird but you can figure out weird if you take the time.