I think there’s a good argument to be made for Jones or GSP for GOAT. GSP cleaned out the toughest division in MMA during his reign, old guard and up and comers. However, Johnny Hendricks kicked the shit out of him for 5 rounds, in my opinion, even though GSP got the win. Worst decision I’ve seen in the UFC, and it makes me wonder how GSP would do against a lot of fighters from this era he never faced. Keep in mind, GSP isn’t even 40 yet.
Anderson Silva dominated a lot of potatoes for a long time. Yeah he was the man, but guys like Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar, Chris Leben, Rich Franklin and James Irvin would try to kickbox him and it was just stupid. They had nowhere near his skill or experience. Then Anderson hung around too long and started getting his ass kicked by everyone. He’s still doing that.
Bones has never actually been beaten since he got to the UFC ( minus the 1 DQ ). As far as GOAT, he might be, but he’s been in a lot of wars lately.
Some people say Khabib has never even lost a round. I’ve never seen him in actual trouble. I know he beats the shit out of everyone the exact same way, but he still beats the shit out of everyone. Tony Ferguson is talking shit about Khabib “running away”. After what Khabib just did to Gaethje, and seeing how he handled Conor and Dustin, pretty easy to say he’d do the exact same to Tony.
Khabib is 32. Maybe he takes some time off and comes back and cleans out everyone else. Then his GOAT status will be cemented. But I agree he probably needs to do more.