Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

former UFC fighter Matt Hughes in a very bad car accident with a train. airlifted, head trauma.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Official Family Statement

Matthew Hughes, Audra Hughes, Annette Fuller, Emily Hays Hughes

Our family is overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support. Please understand that there are many false reports out there by people who say they are close to the family. We will post another update here when we have more news. Matt is stable and has no broken bones or internal injuries. He has some minor lacerations and bruising and is currently being weaned from his ventilator. He is not yet awake and not responding as we would like to see but we see the fight in him. Matts strength and determination along with God's Mercy and Grace will bring him through this. We ask that you all continue to pray.

Banner by Madamos

Curious to hear how his car collided with a moving train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

pretty sure he can be the only one at fault in that situation

Banner by Madamos

Seems like it.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I feel bad for DC. He was doing so well against Jones but that head kick ruined him. Good for Jones getting back, I guess.
    The fight between Cowboy Ceronne and Robbie Lawler was epic. What a war. Could have gone either way.
    Tyrone Woodley needs to fight on free cards for a while, champ or not. He's boring as fuck. Can't stand him.

none of my friends wanted to really watch the fight, so I just watched the highlights and it looked boring as fuck

so not too sad about missing it

was it better than it looked?

Probably not much better.

Also Joe Rogan apologized for interviewing DC after the fight. I'm glad he did because I've always liked Rogan and at the time it seemed like a total dick move, but he admitted that he messed up and wasn't thinking. DC was really fucked up after that head kick and probably doesn't even remember the interview. He was really emotional. Rogan shouldn't have shoved a mic in his face and he knows that, but everyone makes mistakes. At least he owned it.

So I'm stepping back into a ring a week from tomorrow. It's been a few years since I've thrown a punch at someone with the intent to hurt them, so it's going to be odd. I'm not fighting competitively, but I'm moving back into downtown Boston this coming fall when my fiance moves back up here from New Orleans. I've been doing a lot of work on myself as I've had a lot of problems over the years, and it's important to me that I do things for me.

I found a gym that is very highly touted, and I went there today. They recognized real fast during the free intro that I wasn't a beginner and scheduled a day for me to fight their pro fighters next weekend. I'm going to get my ass kicked, to be honest. I specialize in more Krav Maga style fighting so I'm going to get schooled. But I'm beyond excited about it. I can kick box with the best of them and I'll be going toe to toe with some international names, and I'm super excited about it.

Thread Information