Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

It was boring watching Jones end DC's career, but I'm so fucking pumped for McGregor v. Mayweather. There's so much about it that I love, love, love. McGregor is the king of trash talk and Mayweather can't talk shit to save his life. Both fighters are gifted but McGregor is the far better offensive mind, and he looks absolutely scary at 154. I can't wait to see him snipe at Mayweather and taunt him in the ring. If Floyd thinks he's ever come up against a challenge like McGregor, he's going to be bewildered come Saturday night.

I like McGregor in this fight for his youth, his heart, his fighting weight, and his willingness to put something like this together just to get in the ring with boxing's most divisive superstar.

how is Mayweather divisive?

he's 49-0

seems pretty straightforward to me

How is Conor Mcgregor going to beat Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I just heard on ESPN that Jones failed his drug test before the DC fight. It's all over the internet now. Dana White acknowledged it.
    What the fuck?
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    How is Conor Mcgregor going to beat Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match?
    No one is going to fight Floyd like Conor in Floyd's life, ever. He's going to taunt him. He's going to make Floyd come for him. Left hand. Welcome to a fight.

It can happen, believe.

I just heard on ESPN that Jones failed his drug test before the DC fight. It's all over the internet now. Dana White acknowledged it.
    What the fuck?
    Think it was the post fight one, he passed the 2 pre fight, but i may be wrong. Either way, he's done.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Conor is just going to hope and pray he gets a lucky left, which I don't think he will

I also don't think he'll make it 12 rounds. He got gassed against Diaz when he lost and I think he's going to be in over his head when Mayweather plays around with him for the first few rounds. He's not very good at all, but Mayweather is old and both of them just want to get paid, so we'll see. I expect the fight to suck, but will be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    No one is going to fight Floyd like Conor in Floyd's life, ever. He's going to taunt him. He's going to make Floyd come for him. Left hand. Welcome to a fight.

It can happen, believe.
    I don't see it. Conor is a great fighter but it's pretty obvious what his motivation is here. No cage fighter has ever made the kind of money he's making for this fight. It's next level huge. Even if he loses ( when ) he can't lose.
    The drop to 8oz gloves doesn't even help him, in my opinion. He can try to utilize the clinch and his size/ strength advantage to possibly tire Mayweather out and punch off the breaks, but we've seen Conor gas in fights and Floyd went the distance routinely. Floyd frustrated the best boxers in the world for years.
    Conor can do some things, but unfortunately it'll be about what he can't do. He can't fight Floyd. He has to box him. He can Karate Kid pose and taunt and do cartwheels and lay on the ground in his gaurd if he wants, but he still has to outbox Floyd Mayweather to win this fight and I don't think that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    Conor is just going to hope and pray he gets a lucky left, which I don't think he will

I also don't think he'll make it 12 rounds. He got gassed against Diaz when he lost and I think he's going to be in over his head when Mayweather plays around with him for the first few rounds. He's not very good at all, but Mayweather is old and both of them just want to get paid, so we'll see. I expect the fight to suck, but will be fun to watch.
    Have you ever watched Conor fight? He doesn't "hope and pray" for anything. He works his fucking ass off. I wish people would give him more credit. Doesnt' matter if he wins this or not, the man works his ASS OFF for this. He has more drive and ambition than any fighter I've ever seen aside from the Diaz brothers who pissed theirs away with their shit attitudes. McGregor is a genius, he knows how to use his personality to get what he wants. His first "big money fight" in the UFC was $60,000. Now he's in the super fight of the century and he's going to clear at least 50 mil, right? (i really don't know the figures)

And no, there's NO FUCKING WAY this fight is going 12 rounds. No fucking way in hell heaven or Earth. That's a long fucking time.

I don't see it. Conor is a great fighter but it's pretty obvious what his motivation is here. No cage fighter has ever made the kind of money he's making for this fight. It's next level huge. Even if he loses ( when ) he can't lose.
    The drop to 8oz gloves doesn't even help him, in my opinion. He can try to utilize the clinch and his size/ strength advantage to possibly tire Mayweather out and punch off the breaks, but we've seen Conor gas in fights and Floyd went the distance routinely. Floyd frustrated the best boxers in the world for years.
    Conor can do some things, but unfortunately it'll be about what he can't do. He can't fight Floyd. He has to box him. He can Karate Kid pose and taunt and do cartwheels and lay on the ground in his gaurd if he wants, but he still has to outbox Floyd Mayweather to win this fight and I don't think that's possible.

I don't expect Conor to win this boxing match, but I do expect him to hit floyd, hard. I expect him to taunt him, i expect him to make Mayweather make at least 1 mistake he's never made in a fight before. I expect things, and I can't wait.

Banner by Madamos

You guys see this washed up scrub Malignaggi try and get in Conor's face in Vegas yesterday? Lol.

"You got your ass whooped get over it" is all conor kept repeating 1 inch from his face.

OMG dude, i know it's your chance to get famous but Jesus... be less pathetic. Or you know, be a better boxer so you don't look so bad getting beat up by someone who doesn't know how to box apparently

Banner by Madamos

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    how is Mayweather divisive?

he's 49-0

seems pretty straightforward to me
    Oy....

This would take a lot of explaining.

Anyone can go 49-0 when you have everything you need to win at your finger tips and you cherry pick the fights you want when you want that are guaranteed wins, is basically the gists.

Not denying he's a talented fighter.. but just think of old school TAO days. There were the guys like DK who would wreck anyone no matter what their stats were vs the opponents stats, that's Conor.

And then there were others who would get 1500+ or so and then protect their stats as if it were their lives. They wouldn't play ANYONE that wasn't a guarantee to increase their stats.

That is Floyd.
    Last edited by The Butcher; 08-23-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Banner by Madamos

Thread Information