Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

GGG made me super excited when I saw his name, because I thought he had my last name when it scrolled across ESPN. It's not, but it's closer than basically anything I've seen.

Govnik & Golovkin

re-watching GGG v Canelo

love this fight

such good boxing

If anyone missed Mighty Mouse’s 4th round finish over Ray Borg yesterday, here it is.
    One of the greatest submissions and finishes ever. Mighty Mouse is the GOAT.
    https://www.mmamania.com/2017/10/8/1...-las-vegas-mma
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

For those who are interested in how MMA came about.. this is about as legendary of a story as they come. Helio being the godfather of Brazilian and gracie jits. Helio's arm broke 2 times during the match and he didn't tap and or give a fuck. Kimura was told he wouldn't be allowed back to Japan if he lost. This shit was serious.

Kimura vs. Hélio Gracie[edit]
    Main article: Masahiko Kimura vs. Hélio Gracie

Kimura vs Gracie, with the Japanese holding the Brazilian in a kesa-gatame.
    In 1949, after touring for Hawaii, Kimura and his troupe formed by judoka Toshio Yamaguchi and Yukio Kato went to Brazil after an invitation by the Sao Paulo Shimbun. There they were challenged by Hélio Gracie of the Gracie Jiu Jitsu.[8][9] Gracie proposed a match under what would be known as the "Gracie Rules", in which throws and pins would not count towards victory, with only submission or loss of consciousness.[9] This played against judo rules in which pins and throws can award someone a victory, but they accepted nonetheless.[10] Kato was the first to accept the challenge, drawing with Hélio Gracie in their match at the Maracana stadium. However, he lost to Gracie by gi choke in the rematch at the Ibirapuera in Sao Paulo. Hélio proposed to continue with the challenge, and Yamaguchi appointed himself the next to fight. Kimura, however, volunteered to fight in his place. The bout between Gracie and Kimura took place again in the Maracana stadium, before an audience of 20,000 people, including president of Brazil Getúlio Vargas. Expectation was such that, according to a source, Kimura had been warned by the Japanese embassy that he would not be welcomed back in Japan if he lost the match.[11] Kimura was received in the arena with raw eggs and insults by the Brazilian crowds, and the Gracie challengers brought a coffin to symbolize Kimura would be dead, just like they had done with Kato. At the start of the match, Hélio tried to throw him down with osoto gari and ouchi gari, but Kimura blocked them and scored multiple throws by ouchi gari, harai goshi, uchi mata and ippon seoi nage.[12] However, Helio Gracie was able to perform ukemi thanks to the soft mat used in competitions, so Kimura couldn't subdue him by throwing alone. The judoka started planning a way to win between throw and throw, and at the second round he took the fight to the ground, pinning Gracie with kuzure-kami-shiho-gatame. After a number of holds by the Japanese, including kesa-gatame, sankaku-jime and do-jime, the Brazilian looked unable to breathe under Kimura, but he persevered, until he tried to switch position by pushing with his arm. At that moment, Kimura seized the limb and executed gyaku-ude-garami. Hélio did not surrender, and Kimura rotated the arm until it broke. As Gracie still refused to give up, Masahiko twisted the arm further and broke it again. Finally, when the judoka was about to twist it a third time, Gracie's corner threw the towel, and Kimura was declared winner. A crowd of Japanese came and tossed Kimura high in celebration, while Hélio's arm was treated by doctors.[13][14] As a tribute to Kimura's victory, the armlock technique he used to defeat Gracie has since been commonly referred to as the Kimura lock, or simply the Kimura, in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and, more recently, mixed martial arts circles.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

My favorite submission when I was fighting and I was pretty good at getting them while having guard pulled from the ground.

But yeah, legend vs legend where is was for real and not some paper fight like mcgregor/mayweather

Banner by Madamos

fucking great post

loved that

had no idea about any of that

thanks, Butch

v great

Anyone else pumped for this card Saturday?

Predictions:

GSP vs Micheal Bisping - GSP by submission R3 (seriously, FUCK bisping. Biggest joke in UFC, and yes, I've heard of Jon Jones)

TJ Dillashaw vs Cody Garbrandt - damn, this is a tough one. Lots of history with me here. I was the BIGGEST fan of Dominque Cruz for a long long time, way back to wreckage. I thought he was the best striker I literally had ever seen, i loved watching him fight and thought he was invincible. Then.. i saw no love DESTROY him, make fun of him and then knock his ass out in the easiest most dominant non spider silva fight I've ever seen. So.. i was a big Cody fan after that. Dude is covered in tats, has that low down mean dog attitude but isn't a prick like the Diaz bros.... or so I thought. Until this fight came up with TJ. Now he's the loud talking jackass you want to see knocked out (Mcgregor is not a loud talking jackass, he's a loud talking God). So.. i think I'm rooting for TJ, however, i say Cody by TKO R2.

Jedrzejczyk vs Thug - i am PUMPED for this fight. These two ladies are going to swing hammers. It's gonna be toe to toe, for 1 round, and then Joanna is walking out with the KO win.

Banner by Madamos

THE ONLY REASON that jackass bum has a belt is because Luke went in way too cocky. Luke is 10x the skilled fighter that Bisping is. OMG i hate that fucking guy lol.

He's the perfect example of why you need to be charismatic to be a good heel. Connor is, he ain't.

I think Bisping is going to try to come otu of the gate and swarm him. GSP is notorious for dragging fights out and not finishing them, i expect that, but I also expect bisping to be a jackass and put himself in a submission that GSP won't be able to ignore

Banner by Madamos

Are we not talking about this??
    GSP is the champ again. Finished The Count in a blood bath.
    TJ knocked out Cody. Didnt see that coming.
    And Rose KOs Joanna in the first fucking round? Could not believe my eyes.
    Three new champs, all underdogs. I’m actually not positive about GSP but I just assumed with everything considered. Can’t imagine he was favored. What a great night for the UFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I havent watched any UFC since GSP got his ass kicked a couple years ago. Just watched a recording of the fight from last night and all I gotta say is he made us proud. To me he is the best pound for pound fighter in ufc history.

Thread Information