Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

Wizzy

Now if only cm punk would stop putting off his fight..

I really dislike Page... the only fighter like him I've ever liked is McGregor.. but GOD DAMN... this was the most brutal KO I've ever seen in MMA and he did it with ease. I'd love to see him vs Silva..

Brings up the discussion.. should these be illegal? this guy should have died probably... why is he smiling lol.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Wizzy

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/7306...sibly-revealed

i'm sure you've all read about this already but it's extremely disappointing

yeah same thing JJ was pumping. Fuck em both.

"Everyone's on steroids"

Banner by Madamos

who ya got this weekend?

I, of course, have McGregor. I have a $20 bet with the weather guy also. I think either fighter could easily win, it's a great match-up. I am really pulling for Connor for a few reasons.. 1. i can't stand either Diaz brother. I respect them as fighters and for their upbringing.. but i have lost total respect for them as fighters. They've taken the "he we're scrubs and we dont' care" thing way too far. 2. i want the rubber match and 3. i'm worried what'll happen to mcgregor if he loses again.. i want him to stay around.

I think Connor lost the first fight because he was over confident. He was playing with him in the first. I think he believed he could take any of Nates punches and then he ate one and that was it. I don't think he was giving Nate 100% of his punches either. I think this fight is going to be much more telling of the overall competition between the two of them

Banner by Madamos

Wizzy

Conor wasn't ready for Nate's stamina and ability to take a hit last time. conor underestimated him a bit, i think he's got him this time around

Have any of you seen this controversial decision in the Olympics? Russian Vladimir Nikitin won a unanimous decision against #1 seed Irishman Michael Conlan. Conlan thought he won and gave the judges the finger when the ref raised Nikitin's arm. He went off in post fight interviews.

Full fight here: https://vimeo.com/179093973

I don't see the outrage. I'm a noob but Nikitin clearly wins round one to me. Round 2 I would give to Conlan but it was pretty sloppy and ugly by both fighters. Round 3 I could see going either way, I'd probably give it to Nikitin but I wouldn't have been surprised if the judges gave it to Conlan.

Overall it just seemed like Nikitin had the better defense and did a better job of not letting Conlan land clean shots. Conlan looked like the better fighter and so he got in there at times but he landed a lot of little love taps on a well-defended opponent. Meanwhile, Nikitin did a great job of getting inside and walking Conlan to the rope in round one and while he got worked over in round two he got back to it a little in round three. When his shots connected they also looked like much better punches, feet planted solidly, punch coming from the whole body not just his arms etc.

Was wondering what you all thought since I know yall know the sport better than me.

Wizzy

does anyone think it's possible Diaz and McGregor are just trying to put on the best show they can directed by Dana White? this stuff is ridiculous

i don't think that UFC is turning into WWE or even close to that, but it seems like a lot of drama has been going on pre-fight these days seemingly to build up viewership

I don't know if Diaz has that in him. The dude is a complete idiot. His interviews are painful to watch.

Conor is making an ass out of himself though. Curious to see what tantrum he throws if he loses this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy View Post
    does anyone think it's possible Diaz and McGregor are just trying to put on the best show they can directed by Dana White? this stuff is ridiculous

i don't think that UFC is turning into WWE or even close to that, but it seems like a lot of drama has been going on pre-fight these days seemingly to build up viewership
    I think this is just McGregor's way of getting into his head, but it's not working like it did before because he doesn't have the 'invincibility' he did before. Honestly, though, the shit he's doing doesn't bother me that much because Diaz has been a piece of trash in the past. (Conor isn't being that ridiculous, is he? Diaz simply refuses to give him satisfaction from his taunts.) I'm of the opinion that Diaz was a bit gassed in the first fight, and more or less that he lucked the fuck out. You can tell that Diaz is afraid he'll lose to McGregor because he doesn't talk nearly the amount of shit he did before the first fight, and he has changed his training regimen considerably in order to prepare for this one. You can think, "Well, hey, he's just taking the title shot seriously," and I'm sure you're correct in that assumption. Regardless, his win should not have caused him to lose his arrogance like he has unless he got rocked pretty bad in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    I don't know if Diaz has that in him. The dude is a complete idiot. His interviews are painful to watch.

Conor is making an ass out of himself though. Curious to see what tantrum he throws if he loses this one too.
    Diaz is beyond dumb. That is part of why I think McGregor is going to shit him out tonight. We have to remember the kinds of fighters these guys are. Diaz is a stupid blockhead puncher who beat McGregor on a short-notice fight. McGregor is a seemingly intelligent guy, an MMA prodigy with proven skills and knowledge, and he had to fight someone who he knew relatively nothing about. Smart guys tend to need to put a lot more into their fight preparation than does a dipshit like Diaz, so that they don't overthink their approach or their opponent.

To be fair to Diaz, though, he's really changed himself around. If this new (somewhat modest) approach to the sport is genuine, he could surprise me tonight. If he knows he's stupid, which he probably does, then it seems like he at least hired someone who isn't to train him. You have to respect when someone accepts they're not doing things the right way, and then they change in order to improve despite their own reputation.
    Last edited by rainblade; 08-20-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Thread Information