Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

Holy fuck. Total devastation on the Main Card tonight. Anthony Johnson is scary. His back is scary.

I'd love to see Anthony Johnson pulverize Daniel Cormier, cuz that's what he'd do if they fought.

Wizzy

lol the security in the octagon for the mcgregor/diaz fight is dumb

McGregor took it. Had more knock downs and opened Diaz up badly. Diaz had one takedown at the end that didn't do shit. I was unimpressed by Diaz's standup. Total shitshow on his part (messy, gassed multiple times, no balance). McGregor has a stamina problem at 170, apparently.

Edit: Called it. Won by majority decision. 48-47/47-47/48-47. Well deserved victory.

Ahhh, yes, there it is. Diaz's true colors shining bright.
    Last edited by rainblade; 08-21-2016 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    I'd love to see Anthony Johnson pulverize Daniel Cormier, cuz that's what he'd do if they fought.
    If they fought again?
    Cormier beat Rumble last year, but it was a war. Not taking anything away from Rumble. He's a badass and I'm a fan, but nobody pulverizes DC. He's the hardest fighter in the UFC to beat up and I'm still not sure why. He's old. Hell, he was kind of old when he started. He's a pure wrestler who didn't even get into MMA until his last twenties. He's probably the smallest light heavyweight in the division.
    But he's only lost once in his life and it was a decision to Bones Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    If they fought again?
    Cormier beat Rumble last year, but it was a war. Not taking anything away from Rumble. He's a badass and I'm a fan, but nobody pulverizes DC. He's the hardest fighter in the UFC to beat up and I'm still not sure why. He's old. Hell, he was kind of old when he started. He's a pure wrestler who didn't even get into MMA until his last twenties. He's probably the smallest light heavyweight in the division.
    But he's only lost once in his life and it was a decision to Bones Jones.
    DC is getting older. Even just one year will show at this age. Sorry, Hugh.

And, to be more accurate, Bones annihilated him in the decision. He couldn't get the knockout, but really who cares?

Really impressive fight, on both sides. I thought it was called right and its probably the way the first fight should have gone too. McGregor kept his wits about him this time.

Wizzy

3rd and 4th rounds of the McGregor/Diaz fight had me nervous.. thought Diaz could have won it with that last take down in the 5th

gotta love when a fight lives up to the hype

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    DC is getting older. Even just one year will show at this age. Sorry, Hugh.

And, to be more accurate, Bones annihilated him in the decision. He couldn't get the knockout, but really who cares?
    You're right. DC is old and he'll lose it soon. That's how it goes. Just thought you might have forgotten that they recently fought.

Never let it go to the judges. I had the fight scored 2 and 2, so a draw. I am not surprised they gave it to Connor, he had more knockdowns and more damage, more significant strikes. I was worried the takedown in the 5th would seal it for Diaz, glad it did not.

I was the most impressed the entire night with Cowboy though. I've never been a big fan of his I feel like he wastes a lot of potential but he put on a clinic against a strong fighter. The video of that combination belongs in the UFC hall of fame already.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Thread Information