Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Club

Yeah. He's a fucking badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

two great things about this clip:

the guy you want to get knocked the fuck out... actually does!

the number 1 clip is of Kash

FB comes through sometimes with the memories. 7 years ago today, my first MMA fight. Lost by decision after a really close fight and the crowd literally boo'd. I was hooked then, fought a few more times. I miss it, i can't believe it was 7 years ago dang. Great pic here, that's my best buddy slamming the beer behind me when he was walking me out lol.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

robberto

Default Fight

Really makes you feel for these idiots. Basically Mayweather and Pacquiao agreed to fight last year and the purse would have been something like 50m UP FRONT. Then they started bickering over the drug testing rules for the fight-Mayweather wanted random testing and Pac said he didnt want any testing within 30 days of the fight. Obviously this raised red flags so Mayweather accused him of using banned substances and Pac sued him. Its a big fing joke.

Daniel Cormier just beat Rumble Johnson again, the exact same way he did last time.
    Rumble Johnson is a fucking idiot. Dude should be flipping burgers. He's a knockout artist and he dove at DC's waist over and over until he got choked out. Why he decided to grapple the champ is beyond reason, but he retired after so at least we won't have to watch it again. A lot of talent wasted.
    Congrats to DC.
    The Weidman fight was a clown show. They need to fix that shit.
    Last edited by Hugh; 04-09-2017 at 12:43 AM.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Daniel Cormier just beat Rumble Johnson again, the exact same way he did last time.
    Rumble Johnson is a fucking idiot. Dude should be flipping burgers. He's a knockout artist and he dove at DC's waist over and over until he got choked out. Why he decided to grapple the champ is beyond reason, but he retired after so at least we won't have to watch it again. A lot of talent wasted.
    Congrats to DC.
    The Weidman fight was a clown show. They need to fix that shit.

What happened in the Weidman fight?

Weidman had both hands on the mat. Mousasi kneed him in the face, and in the process pulled up on his neck, causing one of Weidman's hands to come off the mat, but just barely. So the ref thought it was an illegal knee, so did Weidman, and jumped in. He called timeout, asked Weidman if he was ok and gave him time to recover, but the replay showed Weidman's hands weren't both touching the mat when the knee landed.
    Long story short, Weidman couldn't continue and Mousasi got the TKO, but they only recently changed the rule and I think it'll cause problems. The rule only exists for fighter safety. No other reason. If the rule is you can't knee an opponent in the face if he has 2 hands in contact with the mat, then you shouldn't be able to pull his hands up in the same motion of kneeing his face. At least that's what I think. It defeats the purpose, and will obviously be difficult to officiate. This was a co-main event and ended in a shit show. It's easier to either get rid of the rule and say all knees are legal, or no knees if the opponent has 2 hands on the mat PERIOD. If the ref thinks a fighter is milking too long or exploiting the rule or stalling, then he can intervene, warn or whatever. But the technique of pulling the opponents body up from the neck AS you deliver the knee, and pulling his hands off the mat at the sane time, is going to make the rule hard to officiate I think.
    I also think they should throw the rule out. Knees are legal in the UFC. If you don't want to get kneed in the face, protect your face.
    Last edited by Hugh; 04-09-2017 at 03:50 AM.

Pretty good card Saturday. The fight between Alvarez and Porier might have been fight of the night, but got declared a no contest because of an illegal knee by Alvarez. Don't know why he wasn't DQ'd. It wasn't intentional but still illegal. Still think they need to do something about knees to the head. Make them legal or illegal, but choose.
    Frankie Edgar destroyed Yair Rodriguez. Yair had no answer for The Answer. Not for his ground game. Frankie took him down and pounded him until the doctor said Yair couldn't continue. His face was broken.
    Demian Maia won his 6th straight and finally is getting his title shot, his first the Anderson Silvia shit show.
    Joanna Jtek ( her name has too many letters ) put on another striking clinic and title defense. She's so good. One of the best strikers in the UFC period.
    Miocic played with Junior Dos Santos like a cat plays with a mouse, but it didn't last long. Junior threw down the gauntlet but it was all for show. He ran from the opening bell, and got TKO'd in the first round. He didn't want to be there. The huge smile on his face as he hugged Stipe after showed that. He was just glad it was over.
    It's weird to see a guy like Junior put on a performance like that. Completely phoned it in. Just collecting a paycheck. I've always read he had trouble getting motivated and staying hungry and some said he just doesn't have the killer instinct. Just a really sweet guy trapped in the body of a gladiator.

Joanna is a beast.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Max Holloway just beat Jose Aldo in Brazil. Great fight. Aldo came out sharp and calm and started tagging Max early, but Max found his range after the first round. It was incredible watching him slowly chip away at Aldo figure him out.
    Happy for Max. He's been after Aldo for a long time and would not be denied.

Thread Information