Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: nano.dollardns.net

Quote Originally Posted by KickAssPlaya View Post
    You son of a b...

Oh wait. Maybe I should be flattered Going to give it another go tonight

Would you be flattered if I named my dog after you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    As several people have expressed that nano shows a steep learning curve, let me try to give you all a little insight into the core mechanics that is the nanite instruction register.

During each battle step, your nanite will execute an instruction, starting with position 0 of the instruction register. The instruction register has 12 positions, and the execution will loop back around to 0 a few times until any winning conditions are met (conditions are nanite hit points or cell count reduced to zero), otherwise the battle ends in a draw. Your main objective is to define an instruction register setup that succeeds in reaching a winning condition while preventing the opponent in doing so.

Every instruction has three attributes that define its performance when executed:
    PRW (power) describes the strength with which an instruction is executed. For most instructions to take effect, they need to have PWR greater than enemy RES.
    POT (potence) is the magnitude of the executed instruction, e.g. the damage it deals or the instruction register slots it affects.
    RES (resistance) is the overall ability of the nanite and cell cluster to withstand incomming attacks.

When you click on an instruction within the register, a section called instruction editor will appear. Here you can spend PTS (points) on the instruction attributes, whereas the costs vary for every instruction (see the tooltip on the plus and minus buttons). Details about the instruction nature (category) and effect are listed on the right side.

At the bottom, the instruction palette shows all your available instructions, each with a counter on top. Click on an instruction from the palette and then on the instruction register position you want it inserted - this will replace any previously present instruction at that position.

When you are satisfied with your setup, click save at the very bottom. Note that a "valid" instruction register only states that every instruction register position holds an instruction, but not that the PTS (points) are well spent.

Some additional notes:
    If you edit and save the instruction register of a nanite that was in use (i.e. you have created an unanswered challenge for another player, or the nanite is currently occupying a nutrition source), these challenges will be deleted! If a user were allowed to change the nanite setup after occupying a nutrition source, one could go all offensive at first, and then turtle up when the mission was successful - thats not the meaning of the game.
    I am currently working on how a user gets meaningful information about where their nanites are in use (open challenges, occupied nutrtion sources), and also if there are any incoming challenges from other players. Its all work in progress on a prioritized list...

Great job, Bog!

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Would you be flattered if I named my dog after you?

Great job, Bog!
    Thanks a bunch Masky!

I have another update for you guys: A quick fix for PHONE USERS!
    Navigation within the fluid can now also be done by single clicks additionaly to the existing "point and drag". By clicking in the fluid at a reasonable distance from the center, your cell cluster will begin moving towards that location. This should be more touchscreen-friendly, hope you like!
    (Thanks Loopget for the inspiration)

a game that I am creating in my spare time. find the how-to-play >here<

This games makes me angry now. No matter how and what I try I can't get anything better than a draw.

To be honest, I still don't know what exactly I'm doing tho.

This games makes me angry now. No matter how and what I try I can't get anything better than a draw.

To be honest, I still don't know what exactly I'm doing tho.
    I'll try to provide a little insight via the latest battle report between you and Tester... Remember the attributes are (PWR, POT, RES)
    step: 1
    Attacker Executing Entangle with (4, 1, 2) --> deals no damage because defender has RES = 4. Attacking instructions (offensive, suppressive, destructive...) need PWR > RES to take effect. Its also stated in their instruction details.
    Defender Executing Boost with (2, 2, 4)

step: 4
    Attacker Executing Puncture with (6, 0, 0) --> deals no damage because POT = zero. Read description 'Deals POT damage to enemy cell cluster.'

step: 6
    Attacker Executing Puncture with (6, 0, 0) --> see above

Also firing consecutive blue lasers doesn't do much, because the effects don't add up. If the first blue laser went through, the enemy won't be able to target your nanite for the next POT instructions. This is the time where you can do something else, and first fire the next blue laser if you like after POT-1 instructions of the previous one...

I made same kind of changes and then started to lose.

I made same kind of changes and then started to lose.
    Well you did manage to get the nanite hp down to 5... thats 2/3 the way to victory, sir.

Blue Source!

I'm obviously too dumb for this game.

TAO's School Yard Bully KickAssPlaya's Avatar

I'm obviously too dumb for this game.
    Glad I am not the only one ;P

Although I am not giving up yet hah.

PS: Yes I would be flattered if you named your dog after me

Thread Information