Quote Originally Posted by KickAssPlaya View Post
You son of a b...

Oh wait. Maybe I should be flattered Going to give it another go tonight

Would you be flattered if I named my dog after you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
As several people have expressed that nano shows a steep learning curve, let me try to give you all a little insight into the core mechanics that is the nanite instruction register.

During each battle step, your nanite will execute an instruction, starting with position 0 of the instruction register. The instruction register has 12 positions, and the execution will loop back around to 0 a few times until any winning conditions are met (conditions are nanite hit points or cell count reduced to zero), otherwise the battle ends in a draw. Your main objective is to define an instruction register setup that succeeds in reaching a winning condition while preventing the opponent in doing so.

Every instruction has three attributes that define its performance when executed:
PRW (power) describes the strength with which an instruction is executed. For most instructions to take effect, they need to have PWR greater than enemy RES.
POT (potence) is the magnitude of the executed instruction, e.g. the damage it deals or the instruction register slots it affects.
RES (resistance) is the overall ability of the nanite and cell cluster to withstand incomming attacks.

When you click on an instruction within the register, a section called instruction editor will appear. Here you can spend PTS (points) on the instruction attributes, whereas the costs vary for every instruction (see the tooltip on the plus and minus buttons). Details about the instruction nature (category) and effect are listed on the right side.

At the bottom, the instruction palette shows all your available instructions, each with a counter on top. Click on an instruction from the palette and then on the instruction register position you want it inserted - this will replace any previously present instruction at that position.

When you are satisfied with your setup, click save at the very bottom. Note that a "valid" instruction register only states that every instruction register position holds an instruction, but not that the PTS (points) are well spent.

Some additional notes:
If you edit and save the instruction register of a nanite that was in use (i.e. you have created an unanswered challenge for another player, or the nanite is currently occupying a nutrition source), these challenges will be deleted! If a user were allowed to change the nanite setup after occupying a nutrition source, one could go all offensive at first, and then turtle up when the mission was successful - thats not the meaning of the game.
I am currently working on how a user gets meaningful information about where their nanites are in use (open challenges, occupied nutrtion sources), and also if there are any incoming challenges from other players. Its all work in progress on a prioritized list...

Great job, Bog!