Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: nano.dollardns.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Chat function is DONE! Public chat is available for now, private messaging and some other chat features will follow soon.

Also first post got an update and some additional/better screenshots and descriptions.

Thanks mel for helping finding those bugs!

Edit: Clicking on a name in the chat allows you to jump to their location.
    Good job, Bog! Now it can attract cyberers too!

Quote Originally Posted by Polak View Post
    Not for long.
    Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Good job, Bog! Now it can attract cyberers too!
    Are you using your phone? Apparently something prevents the chat from working on mobile for at least Polak and me... Don't know how to find out what goes wrong though...

a game that I am creating in my spare time. find the how-to-play >here<

Yep. Isn't working for me either on phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Yep. Isn't working for me either on phone.
    Should be fixed now, Mask! Firefox and Chrome simply ignored a minor bug in the chat code, but somehow IE and most phones were stubborn... Took me a while to figure out.

Wizzy

i tried playing today without reading the instructions on the first post

i got frustrated and stopped playing after attacking Polak two times

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy View Post
    i tried playing today without reading the instructions on the first post

i got frustrated and stopped playing after attacking Polak two times
    The game is by all means not straight-forward and many features are still missing or incomplete making it even harder to understand... I've made quite a few compromises down the road of making it playable, but I will for sure go back when time comes and smoothen out all these flawed design potholes. For now I am concentrating on getting the core gameplay features up.

... So I hope you do stick around, there is lots of stuff in the pipeline.

One thing I noticed, is I got an error: invalid data message when I went to attack the green source that meletus had occupied.
    I'd suggest making the error messages more descriptive so I know what I did wrong. +P

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocatt View Post
    One thing I noticed, is I got an error: invalid data message when I went to attack the green source that meletus had occupied.
    I'd suggest making the error messages more descriptive so I know what I did wrong. +P
    Such errror messages are non-descriptive on the users side, as they occur when something goes unexpectedly wrong on the server side. And unexpected means that I've screwed up and made a boo boo in the source that I gotta fix.
    No worries, every such error message leaves a nice trail of information in an error log I can go and consult. So if something like that happens, please just inform me and I'll have a look at the case.

EDIT: Bug should be fixed.
    Last edited by Bogart; 05-13-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Seeing as the chat feature will only be available to activated users, I've gone and activated a whole bunch of new accounts that probably were made by users of this forum. There is a possibilty that the activation email never made it, and I actually have no interest in bothering you with providing a valid email address. It will be useful for password resetting though...

Anyways, if you hold one of the accounts listed here in white text: You should be able to participate in the chat from now on and as you can see, you are listed in the rankings too.
    activated.jpg

Thread Information