Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: nano.dollardns.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Such errror messages are non-descriptive on the users side, as they occur when something goes unexpectedly wrong on the server side. And unexpected means that I've screwed up and made a boo boo in the source that I gotta fix.
    No worries, every such error message leaves a nice trail of information in an error log I can go and consult. So if something like that happens, please just inform me and I'll have a look at the case.

EDIT: Bug should be fixed.
    Makes sense. Wasn't sure if I did something wrong. Thanks!

TAO's School Yard Bully KickAssPlaya's Avatar

Well I'm not in last so that's good.

Once we move and get settled I'll look more into it and kicking some ads

Quote Originally Posted by KickAssPlaya View Post
    Well I'm not in last so that's good.

Once we move and get settled I'll look more into it and kicking some ads
    Am looking forward to that... And if you mean "not in last" in regards to points, then I gotta say you share the last spot with plenty of people who haven't managed to earn any points yet

a game that I am creating in my spare time. find the how-to-play >here<

TAO's School Yard Bully KickAssPlaya's Avatar

Don't you burst my bubble.

I meant last as in not listed last

<--- Shares last position and is proud of it!

Got a little update for you guys: The prize winning feature is starting to take form.

You will now be able to win prizes in direct user challenges. These prizes are the instructions Boost, Restore, Red Laser, Blue Laser and Puncture (prizes for source-occupying challenges will follow shortly).

Direct user challenges might be difficult to follow through with, but I hope you will find someone online so you can coordinate via chat...

You will see an extra text be written along the lines of "Bogster has earned the supportive instruction Boost." when you take a look at the battle log, like >this one<. There will be a better feedback soon!

Chance calculation for winning a prize:
    - only give out prizes for users gaining points
    (use the points gained as weighing factor, e.g. cap 100% chance at 15 points, and 0% chance at zero points)
    - use a cool-off time to effectively halt any spam farming
    (use time since last won prize as weighing factor, e.g. cap 100% at 2 hours, and 0% at 0 seconds after last won prize)
    - chance of winning should be reduced for consequtive battles and prevent "farming" or at least make it as hard as possible to tamper with
    (use consequtive battles against the same user as weighing factor, e.g. collect the latest up to 100 battles and subtract the number of times the current user was battled against -> e.g. 100 - 36 = 64%)

--> If user A gains 15 or more points in their first battle against user B will have a 100% chance to win a prize if they didn't win a prize in last 2 hours.
    Last edited by Bogart; 05-15-2016 at 10:50 AM.

I definitely need another nanite!

Sources have gotten an update. You will now have a 5% chance that a won prize in a nutrition-source-battle is a nanite! Good luck hunting!

Thread Information