Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relevant Stuff To Help Me Stay Organized

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Relevant Stuff To Help Me Stay Organized

thread

Game board:

The desired game board is 11 wide x 12 long with tapered back two rows at 9 and 7 wide. 5 rows on each side are customizable for unit placement by the relevant two players and the middle two rows are no mans land.

It's important to have lines between tiles so players can easily see the tiles to calculate values.

Scrolling the camera is useful for seeing larger maps and larger means better graphics as the units aren't so small.

EDIT: 12 x 11 looks better, basically rotate so Left v. Right instead of Up v. Down.

Using project Game Project

Deleted extra scenes to make it easier to follow

Removed palm trees since they don't really fit the theme

Added custom formations

Disabled counter attack

Enabled action after attack

Enabled flanking
    - need to calculate correct angles and damage reduction

Haven't figured out how to make units be in the way of ranged attack

Need to push hills out of the way of the grid (done)

Need to fix turn order

What happened with Matt's project

just some rage and three kinds of yes
    vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

Quote Originally Posted by KashLoverOfPenis View Post
    What happened with Matt's project
    lolol

I'm still working on mine...On vacation at the moment, and I need to get a new computer(My current one is old and keeps needing to be fixed). All I have left to do is the game logic, I'll be working on the project again in about two weeks.

Bump. Hows this thing goin? Yall got a little over a year until I'm done w/ grad school. That should be plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    Bump. Hows this thing goin? Yall got a little over a year until I'm done w/ grad school. That should be plenty of time.
    My computer broke so I have nothing. I dunno if Matt's doing it anymore I haven't even seen him on the forums recently.

If I really want to get into it again I still have ownership rights to the units and whatnot though so it wouldn't be impossible to start back up. Got massively fed up with it and little interest so it was too much to spend that many hours/money every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My computer broke so I have nothing. I dunno if Matt's doing it anymore I haven't even seen him on the forums recently.

If I really want to get into it again I still have ownership rights to the units and whatnot though so it wouldn't be impossible to start back up. Got massively fed up with it and little interest so it was too much to spend that many hours/money every day.
    wait ownership rights to the new units you created or the original ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    wait ownership rights to the new units you created or the original ones?
    Different pro made ones animated and ready to go. Also the core coding of a TBS I have rights to use. What I didn't know how to do was multiplayer networking and that stuff, which is what matt roe had down.

The units I had/have on the cloud were Dragon, Knight, Scout, Assassin, another Knight like creature, Cleric like creature, a wizard, and all the golems.

Also an open world like the video I posted months ago that no one really cared about.

Thread Information