Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relevant Stuff To Help Me Stay Organized

kash has been banned for a week so I'm sure in that time he's come up with some great suggestions and code for the new game.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    wait ownership rights to the new units you created or the original ones?
    Different pro made ones animated and ready to go. Also the core coding of a TBS I have rights to use. What I didn't know how to do was multiplayer networking and that stuff, which is what matt roe had down.

The units I had/have on the cloud were Dragon, Knight, Scout, Assassin, another Knight like creature, Cleric like creature, a wizard, and all the golems.

Also an open world like the video I posted months ago that no one really cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Different pro made ones animated and ready to go. Also the core coding of a TBS I have rights to use. What I didn't know how to do was multiplayer networking and that stuff, which is what matt roe had down.

The units I had/have on the cloud were Dragon, Knight, Scout, Assassin, another Knight like creature, Cleric like creature, a wizard, and all the golems.

Also an open world like the video I posted months ago that no one really cared about.

Tao was a great game and stood the test of time, even as technology has RAPIDLY advanced and other "more appealing" games have showed up.

I echo Wizzy's words. If you want to make a game that you will be proud of, I think you should do it, and not worry so much about the initial reception. Good game + marketing = win.

If you're not feeling it, then that's your choice and no one will judge you.

(except me, as I'm waiting to find another game that I can trounce Philly at)

Patiently waiting! Would like to see something come out of all this effort it would be a shame if we never gave it a shot.

Hey man, I wouldn't judge it based on the response on these forums. I mean... How many regular posters are there left here? And how many of them were actually interested in TAO when it went down? I think Wizzy and A-99 hit the nail on the head. Don't make a game for us. Make it for yourself. And if you don't want to go through with it, that's cool too.

They updated the program I was building it with and it looks like their is multiplayer support now but I don't know anything about it. Still fiddling with it, but like 0 expectations.

Game Control:
    - Gen Grid
    -FacUnitPerTurn
    --Free
    -EnableUnitDeploy
    -EnableActionAfterAttack
    -?Restore Unit AP on Turn [variables?]
    -?UseAPforMove
    -?UseAPforAttack
    GridManage:
    -GridWidth 12
    -GridLength 11
    -TileSize2.5
    -Ratio1.05
    -Unwalkable0
    Spawn Area ? AI only? Just preset formation over random?
    Deployment TAOLike/ Unwalkable, Tappered
    SceneMod: White

--- Abilities, and static tile bonuses for discussion?
    --- Perks up for discussion, add on latter?
    --- Collectables up for discussion, add on latter?

Camera:
    PanSpeed: 7
    ZoomSpeed:10
    RotateSpeed: 1
    KeyPanning: Check
    MousePanning: No?
    Mouse Rotate: Check
    Mouse Zoom: Check
    MousePanningZoneWidth: 10
    XAxis Limit: -8, 8
    ZAxis Limit: -8,8
    ZoomLimit: 12,40
    ElevationLimit: 30,52
    Center on Selected: no

- Up for vote = Critical hit (% & damage multiplier per individual attacker/blocker)
    - Up for vote = Stun hit (% based and how many turns stunned the hit unit remains stunned)
    - Up for vote = Custom abilities (and Silencing hits, making hit unit unable to use abilities for X turns)

Thread Information