Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football (Played with feet)

Default Football (Played with feet)

All these american sports threads and nothing for the europeans.

This is where you can discuss your favourite teams, players or what ever is related to football.

To kick things off, I'm an Arsenal fan, I had high hopes for this season, only to see us bottle it again with a lot of draws against mid-lower placed teams. I've been saying since Wenger let go of Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy (all during one transfer window) that we need a new manager. I'm starting to hope we get rid of him fast as hell now. We're behind Tottenham ffs!

Congrats to Leicester, you've pulled off something quite incredible this season and with so few games left I just can't see them losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbish View Post
    Yeah, I agree that it's difficult not to be happy for Leicester. Never thought I'd see such an underdog story in modern football, much less in the premier league with all that concentration of wealth in the top teams.

But yeah, in an Arsenal point of view it's been dissapointing as fuck. I really thought this was our year with Cech, midfield duo of Cazorla and Coquelling and Alexis and Ozil. Needed a better striker than Giroud/Welbeck though and some cover for Coquelin. Everyone saw it except Wenger - he can be such a stubborn fool sometimes.
    The bright spots for me this season have been Bellerin and Elneny, as you say, but also Iwobi. Kid has a great future ahead.

I honestly doubt Ozil and Alexis will be moving away from Emirates, I think they both have contracts up till 2018 (maybe even 2019). The club won't sell even if they want to go. Next season with Guardiola in Man City, Mourinho possibly in United and Chelsea with Conte backed by the Russian oligarch's billions... If we stick with Wenger I think we'll have to settle for fourth... Again. We have a really strong team individually, but the team lacks confidence, desire, tactical awareness (especially in defense) and adaptability within games, all attributes that are instilled by the manager. Are you Wenger out?
    Yeah, when you have players like Bendtner, Chamak, Djorou, Song, Almunia, Squillaci, Gervinho (I could go on) then coming fourth and reaching the knock-out stages of the Champions League is an achievement. But with the group of players he has right now, only achieving that is a failure. This past 3 years he's had the financial shackles of stadium debt taken off and he should've at least been challenging for the premiership. We didn't challenge in any of those years. Yes, he has done a lot for Arsenal. I still hope he continues working for the Club, but not as a manager. He is stubborn and anachronic in a tactical and psychological sense.

Anyways, who do you want us to sign this summer? I think it's going to be one of the most active transfer windows from an Arsenal point of view. 1 striker 1 midfielder and 1 center back, of high quality.
    Me and 57 are both Arsenal fans as well, this were my points when we discussed their season in the random discussion. I think Wenger deserved a shot after being unburdened of stadium debt (sales of Nasri, Cesc and RvP were spurred by that debt). He had his shot and didn't deliver, time for him to leave.

As an aside, football discussion isn't limited to Europeans, that's just the place where it was born, but the sport is universal.
    Last edited by Rubbish; 04-28-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Me and 57 are both Arsenal fans as well, this were my points when we discussed their season in the random discussion. I think Wenger deserved a shot after being unburdened of stadium debt (sales of Nasri, Cesc and RvP were spurred by that debt). He had his shot and didn't deliver, time for him to leave.

As an aside, football discussion isn't limited to Europeans, that's just the place where it was born, but the sport is universal.
    Fair point about the sport not being limited to Europeans Rubb As for the whole stadium debt, I know about it, but it still stings losing 3 world class players in 1 transfer window.

Fingers crossed we splash big money on an actual quality striker in the summer and something better or with the possibility to be better then Mertesacker. I don't understand how you can be that tall and still lose so many aerial battles...

My money would be on Morata and Xhaka this summer. Center Backs? I don't know, I think that's the hardest position to sign. I think we need to work on our tactical understanding of defense first. Wenger is clueless when it comes to defending.

I'm hoping for Aubameyang or Morata. Not sure we need Xhaka? As for centerbacks I'd like to see us sign someone like Varane or Laporte, but they will cost us a lot.

Aubameyang would be the best, but realistically he's out of our league. Moving from Dortmund to Arsenal is not a step forward, if he leaves it'll be for one of the big 4 (PSG, Bayern, Real, Barça).
    Morata I don't think is a world class striker, but he's young and with potential to be one. I'd be content if we sign him, definitely better than what we've got. I'd also like Lukaku but would prefer Morata.
    Xhaka I don't think would be surplus, he's a terrific midfielder and with Arteta and Flamini leaving plus Cazorla being in his thirties and Wilshere being Wilshere, we need a midfielder. Coquelin needs someone to compete with and Xhaka seems like a great shout.

So with a win tomorrow, Leicester can make football history. Fingers crossed they pull it off. I don't know how I'd react to Tottenham winning the league...

Well Leicester won the BPL. Still excitement in La Liga, and Bayern lost in the champions league semi-final v Atletico Madrid...

Manchester United all the way!

We have the best rival Liverpool

I love how Tottenham Hotspurs are doing pretty good right now

Thread Information