Page 30 of 109 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

I feel so bad for mantis because tOSU is actually not bad like UGA.

It's always funny seeing all of the haters come out of the woodwork any time OSU loses. I was at a wedding out of town, so I only got to see the 4th quarter. I kind of expected us to lose since literally any time I can't watch the game at my house, we lose.

"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious."

So yeah, I got to see us implode on special teams, which is the only reason we lost the game. Looking at the stats, it looks like we handled them in every other facet of the game. It's definitely tough to take the youngest team in football on the road in back to back night games in two of the toughest environments in football after both teams came off a bye week and had 2 weeks to prepare. Blocked punt leads to FG, blocked FG return for TD is obviously the difference there. The lack of a PI call on that deep ball on our final drive doesn't help either I guess (you're welcome, Gyps), but we shouldn't have put ourselves in a position for that to matter.

Hopefully this loss is good for our team in that it puts a chip on their shoulder. Penn State is a good team and I'm sure they'll be ranked next week. They're not better than us, but they're still a good team that made some crucial special teams plays at the end of the game. The game doesn't have any implications on the playoffs imo since we can still win out and be in the playoffs. I'm not saying we will, but at least we still control our own destiny. I wouldn't be surprised if we slip up again though. The B1G is a fucking gauntlet and coming into the season I never expected us to make the playoffs this year.

It would have been better if you saw the whole game. I can't believe Penn state won, and yeah, that was a horrible no call I was stunned by it.

I even admitted to Gyps on FB that no call was horse shit, but PSU absolutely manhandled the OSU Line, they were just collapsing the pocket with just a basic 4 front consistently on every play, I was pretty surprised.

How are the Dantonio's this bad? They are terrible at every phase

Also, OSU is still playoff bound if they win out the rest of the year, but that is looking unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    How are the Dantonio's this bad? They are terrible at every phase

Also, OSU is still playoff bound if they win out the rest of the year, but that is looking unlikely
    Losing their QB has obviously hurt. Last year they played above their talent level and they squeezed out close games (fuck you and your windmill arm, MSU kicker). This year they're playing below it. They'll still probably get up for their big games though against Michigan and OSU. They always do.

They are not even making a bowl game, but it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled out a miracle win...

5 B1G teams in the top 12 of the first playoff rankings. Interesting. Not buying Penn State at 12. Not buying A&M at 4 or LSU at 13 either haha.

Michigan should be 2 and Washington should be 3

I mean TAMU is kinda impressive, idc how you slice it. It just sucks because their one loss it to Bama which means they won't get in the SEC championship so they can get jumped pretty easily.

Thread Information