Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

And even with that loss Ohio St deserves to be in more than Alabama does. What is Bama's best win this season?

I mean I would agree but the committee doesn't so it really doesn't matter.

I mean it doesn't and I hate Ohio St, but I think the playoff selection should be more about merit and not a beauty pageant.

Last year already proved that is a fantasy.

A man can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    You're only basing that off AFTER the entire season played out. Had FSU not lost their starting QB and turned into a dumpster fire that argument wouldn't hold any water.
    Maybe but you're basing that off of assumptions that have no basis in fact because that didn't happen. The fact of the matter is I hold no weight in the eye test when you play bad teams. If that's really your argument than you should've been arguing for years for pre-Big12 TCU, Boise State, etc. etc. I don't see how anyone uses the eye test as an argument. Bama hasn't passed the eye test. They haven't played good enough teams to pass the eye test

I'm not saying I can't see ANY argument whatsoever that Bama would get in over us, just that I thought we were more deserving based on the total body of work, which is what the committee says they look at. The committee has been looking for a reason to put two SEC teams in the playoff since the inaugural year (they've literally talked about it every year) and this year they found their scapegoat with the Iowa loss. They saw an opening and they took it. Everyone knows ESPN is in bed with the SEC. Just look at all the air time they gave Finebaum and Saban to politic for Alabama. It's not completely surprising, but it doesn't make it any less bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    I mean it doesn't and I hate Ohio St, but I think the playoff selection should be more about merit and not a beauty pageant.
    And there is where you have gone wrong. Everyone talks about how the playoff has fixed everything. No it hasn't. All they did was turn the BCS on its side, slap some paint on it and called it a new thing.

You think the NCAA/the committee give a fuck about who deserves vs who should be in? Fuck no. They want to have the best teams (in their minds) to play for that means big ticket sales, big ratings and Big money. You have to look for the story lines.

Georgia in only two years has returned to glory. In the first year with a new coach (who follows a legend) OK has returned to the big time. Why wouldn't you want to see that match up? Great story.

In the past Ohio state doesn't have much success in the playoffs. So should they be in just to get killed in the first game? Bor-ing. But BAMA VS CLEMONS ROUND THREE? FUCK YA AMERICA!!! There can be only one winner in that series.

It isn't hard. What they NCAA really wants to happen is for there to be 4 teams from 4 different parts of the country. But most of the country sucks so that isn't a option. So they go to plan B- which teams will bring in the most money?

Also every story needs a bad guy (see Duke) and Bama is seen as "the evil empire." Makes sense for them to be in it.

Personally do I think Ohio St should be in? I mean I guess. Don't really care since Clemson is winning it all again (or maybe OK).

Am I saying the games are rigged? Nope. The NCAA can't run shit so that doesn't happen. But they can push things a certain way to make for good TV.

And don't get me started on those other pointless bowl games. That is a rant for another day.

So to sum it all up: NCAA failed again, Fuck Ohio St and every one of there fans, Go SEC, and I hope the games are watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm not saying I can't see ANY argument whatsoever that Bama would get in over us, just that I thought we were more deserving based on the total body of work, which is what the committee says they look at. The committee has been looking for a reason to put two SEC teams in the playoff since the inaugural year (they've literally talked about it every year) and this year they found their scapegoat with the Iowa loss. They saw an opening and they took it. Everyone knows ESPN is in bed with the SEC. Just look at all the air time they gave Finebaum and Saban to politic for Alabama. It's not completely surprising, but it doesn't make it any less bullshit.
    The SEC Network is owned by ESPN.

@Marez, you're right. I'll make this my main point. It's not like Alabama /doesn't/ deserve to be there. tOSU and other may DESERVE to be in OVER Bama, but it's not like Alabama doesn't belong there either I guess is the point I've been trying to get at this whole time. Alabama should be, and to much people's dismay, is in the playoff, much like Penn St. imo should have gotten in over tOSU the other year, and I was always a huge fan of Boise State being a BCS buster. I bought the book "Death to the BCS" and i keep it in my office. This playoff selection was going to break hearts regardless.

https://www.facebook.com/CFBonFOX/vi...2955124221943/

The video is kinda long, but he brings up a lot of really good points in general about the complete inconsistencies in the selection committee.

Thread Information