Page 78 of 109 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Deserves isn't what matters. Do you think Alabama or tOSU has a better chance to beat any of the other three teams?
    You can't say deserves doesn't matter. That's saying that a resume doesn't matter. Do I personally believe that Alabama is probably better? Sure. But there is zero empirical evidence to support that claim in 2017. If my personal opinion was that UCF was the best team in CFB I still wouldn't suggest them because of what their resume is. How are we supposed to use the eye test in this situation? Wisconsin looked damn good playing shitty competition. Every team does. Bama has played one top 10-15 team and that's Auburn and they looked like garbage. I watched the end of that game. They were garbage. Because they looked good trashing on shitty teams? That's our evidence to use them? It's completely ridiculous.

But hey, I don't care about any of the teams. So I don't really care. But this decision deserves to make the whole organization of the commitee get restructured, because it's absolutely terrible and like manon says, it says taht basically nothing that happens in the season matters. (and I'm not saying more teams... I'm not disagreeing with taht but that's not what I'm talking about here in terms of restructuring.)

I think that's important. 4 "Best teams". Not, "4 teams that deserve to be there". Conference championships in a way show who "deserves" but really, do you think Alabama is trash or something? Lol
    Then you're saying that the regular season literally does not matter. At least the results of games. You're making the argument that how you play and not if you win matters and that goes against EVERYTHING involved in sports.

Interesting tidbit, OU and Georgia have never played before. Get ready to call Baker daddy, Sano.

Deserves isn't what matters. Do you think Alabama or tOSU has a better chance to beat any of the other three teams?
    Idk how people all of a sudden are saying a team that's more deserving doesn't matter. If the supposed "eye test" is the only thing that matters, then what is the point of playing tougher opponents or winning conference championships? I think that an OSU team that is firing on all cylinders (which they have done, though not as consistently as they should) is better than this year's Bama team. Bama has a weak passing game and their run defense is very suspect. They've got injuries and they're just not nearly as good as people have been giving them credit for.
    I think that's important. 4 "Best teams". Not, "4 teams that deserve to be there". Conference championships in a way show who "deserves" but really, do you think Alabama is trash or something? Lol
    I don't think Bama is "trash." Bama will never be trash in the foreseeable future as long as Saban is there. I'm saying OSU should have gotten in over Bama this year. Bama is not a top 4 team this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Idk how people all of a sudden are saying a team that's more deserving doesn't matter. If the supposed "eye test" is the only thing that matters, then what is the point of playing tougher opponents or winning conference championships? I think that an OSU team that is firing on all cylinders (which they have done, though not as consistently as they should) is better than this year's Bama team. Bama has a weak passing game and their run defense is very suspect. They've got injuries and they're just not nearly as good as people have been giving them credit for.
    And this is a good point as well. Recently I feel like there's been a precedence put on schedule so that teams play tougher teams so they can deserve to be in. Alabama's case this year seems to suggest taht if you're in a power conference you should actually try to NOT schedule tough opponents and just dominate poor opponents. Because that's how you "pass the eye test."

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    Then you're saying that the regular season literally does not matter. At least the results of games. You're making the argument that how you play and not if you win matters and that goes against EVERYTHING involved in sports.
    How you're getting that is beyond me. The regular season plays a part in determining the best teams. The best teams don't lose or lose rarely and beat the people they're supposed to. I get you're Bama is in but damn dude, you're making way more assumptions than necessary. Auburn literally cannot be a best team. Best teams don't lose 3 games. I don't remember a time in college football where a 3 loss team has EVER been considered the best. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    And this is a good point as well. Recently I feel like there's been a precedence put on schedule so that teams play tougher teams so they can deserve to be in. Alabama's case this year seems to suggest taht if you're in a power conference you should actually try to NOT schedule tough opponents and just dominate poor opponents. Because that's how you "pass the eye test."
    They literally did what you said, scheduled a hard opponent in FSU who was projected to be very strong. Lol.

I mean I could really give two fucks, it's as if I care if Bama is in or not. I'm not a Bama fan and hate them maybe more than anyone else here. My team is in.and that's all that matters to me. I think you guys are just salty.

Maybe tell all the other teams Bama had to play to be better. Or find a way to out recruit Saban. You guys are nuts.

How you're getting that is beyond me. The regular season plays a part in determining the best teams. The best teams don't lose or lose rarely and beat the people they're supposed to. I get you're Bama is in but damn dude, you're making way more assumptions than necessary. Auburn literally cannot be a best team. Best teams don't lose 3 games. I don't remember a time in college football where a 3 loss team has EVER been considered the best. Do you?

I can't remember when a team played 4 games against top 4 teams either. And I can't remember a time with a 1 loss team with a poor SOS made the CFBPlayoff. Do you?

What I'm getting at is the criteria for determining the "best team." I agree that previous years does weigh in to my definition of it personally, but for a commitee for the 2017 season it absolutely should NOT. And I don't see how Alabama really has passed the eyetest in 2017. I dont' know how you can pass the eye test against poor competition. That's what I'm saying. Wisconsin was dope playing against shitty teams too.

To me Alabama did not pass the eye test this year. They got a DNQ-- they did not qualify for the eye test because they didn't play the kind of competition necessary for the eye test to even be relevant. Against the best team they played they did not pass the eye test, they looked like shit.

I mean I could really give two fucks, it's as if I care if Bama is in or not. I'm not a Bama fan and hate them maybe more than anyone else here. My team is in.and that's all that matters to me. I think you guys are just salty.

Maybe tell all the other teams Bama had to play to be better. Or find a way to out recruit Saban. You guys are nuts.

I mean who am I salty for? I don't care about Bama at all. One way or the other. And I don't like tOSU, and I don't like Miami. I'm talking about purely the integrity of the situation. And to me, this ruins the integrity of the system. It's suggesting that teams should play teh weakest schedule possible, make sure to beat bad opponents, and pray you don't lose.

Thread Information