Thread: College Football

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post
    Congrats Mantis
    nice

This is fucked up

Why can't we ever close out in Columbus

Surviving

Holy shit, what a game!

OSU played awfully too and we still won.

not really

Michigan's D is just very good

Speight was bad

was a good game overall though

Our offense was definitely playing like shit. Can't give all the credit to Michigan's defense. Prince was getting steamrolled all game and Barrett never had any time to do anything until the 4th quarter and OT. Then he kept missing throws and we missed 2 easy FGs. That's on us, not their defense.

Harbaby complaining about the calls when there was literally ONE bad missed call at the beginning of the game that should have been flagged for defensive PI. The other two things he bitched about he was just wrong. The one he said was uncatchable was easily catchable by an athletic Samuel who didn't even need to jump very high to go up and grab it if he wasn't getting held down. Also JT got that first down, though not by much. I liked the call to go for that btw, even though my family didn't. Harbaugh can suck a fat one.

Barrett isn't a good QB.

He won you guys the game with his playmaking, but his arm sucks.

Of course Mantis thinks the officiating was good. 2 penalties for 6 yards. That's incredible in a regulation game, much less 2OT. The missed PI in the 2OT was probably the biggest missed call because it forced UM to kick a field goal, and is pretty ridiculous considering it was a mirror image of the foul that UM got called for on the game-tying drive. Defender makes early contact, hooks with the right arm and begins to turn the receiver before the ball arrives. That was a brutal no-call.

That said, the QB play lost the game. Three crucial turnovers that turned a blowout into a nail biter. But I can understand Harbaugh being upset by the way the refs called the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Of course Mantis thinks the officiating was good. 2 penalties for 6 yards. That's incredible in a regulation game, much less 2OT. The missed PI in the 2OT was probably the biggest missed call because it forced UM to kick a field goal, and is pretty ridiculous considering it was a mirror image of the foul that UM got called for on the game-tying drive. Defender makes early contact, hooks with the right arm and begins to turn the receiver before the ball arrives. That was a brutal no-call.

That said, the QB play lost the game. Three crucial turnovers that turned a blowout into a nail biter. But I can understand Harbaugh being upset by the way the refs called the game.
    That was a bang bang play. That probably doesn't get called more often than it would get called. Also pointing out that we weren't heavily penalized means jack shit. Just because you're not flagged much doesn't mean you're committing penalties. Michigan was flagged more because they committed more penalties. Plain and simple. They could have been called for a lot of holding on offense that they were letting them get away with as well.

There was only one bad missed call early in the first quarter that should have been flagged and wasn't. Would have continued their drive, but they weren't even in field goal range at the time, so hard to say if it really would have even had an impact. You have to expect there's going to be at least one bad call in a game. The only time I've ever complained about officiating is when there are multiple (at LEAST three or four) egregiously bad calls in pretty crucial situations all in favor of the same team.

Refs made about as small of an impact on that game as I've seen from any football game all year.

I think both of those end game PI calls are take-it-or-leave-it calls, and both went against UM. That makes an impact because of time and score. I would argue that 6 penalty yards is so extraordinary that you have to wonder about it. There weren't super terrible calls, and if Michigan hadn't shit the bed with those turnovers they still could have won easily. You can't expect the defense to hold down OhioState the entire game.

Thread Information