Page 66 of 109 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

Georgia is ranked number 1. And I'm alive to see it.

Please don't let me down like every single year ever before. Please?

Also our recruiting classes for 2018 and 2019 are getting absolutely ridiculous tbh. Like god damn coach Smart can recruit. All aboard mini-Saban hype train! CHOO-CHOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Georgia has a chance to win the East but we have literal nobodies at WR this year. Nick Chubb and Sony Michel both returning is HUGE. Chubb is one entire football season removed from the knee injury and is probably going to be the best back in the SEC given the O-Line performs at least at a slightly above average level. Trenton Thompson and Roquan smith will be huge keys to success on defense for UGA. Jacob Eason will be the reason we either win footballs or lose them those. He's a pure natural passer with a massive arm and I'm excited for the season but with tempered expectations.

If Florida wins the East a third year in a row I don't know if my heart can handle it. Notre Dame is a good first test. If we win, and if we do, by how many points will be a big indication of where this team will go imo.
    Everything I said in July is spot on outside of Jacob Eason since he got hurt the first drive of the first game.

If Georgia is going to win a natty, this is their year to do it. I anxiously await the Bama Georgia game.

If my Buckeyes can play an entire game at least somewhat similar to the way both our defense and offense played in the 4th quarter last Saturday then we can beat any team in the nation. Just need some consistency and need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

I both agree and disagree. We're going to have 3 5* QBs on our roster next year. The 2019 team is going to have some incredible depth. I think if we continue rampage on recruiting coupled with our on field success we can probably hang with Bama year in and year out, which also means we'll hang with anyone. National Championships start with the coach and recruiting.

Kirby has already displayed in full the best player will start. Freshman and JUCO/other transfers have had huge impacts on the field all year. Richt was good, but this is the start of a new era for UGA I hope.

I think Georgia's success next year largely depends on what their new, untested RBs can do. Georgia has always been able to lean on that (as evidenced by the Florida game). I know Georgia recruits well and has multiple other highly rated recruits ready to step in, but you never know for sure how they will compare until they get meaningful playing time. Both of your star RBs gone after this year, right?

Lol it's actually kind of sad just how bad the SEC is overall. Don't get me wrong, Georgia and Alabama are great teams, but after that, literally nobody. The other "ranked" teams they have are just simply not good and there because of typical bias, starting all the way back to preseason rankings. LSU lost 2 games, including to fucking Troy and have beat nobody. Miss St has lost 2 games and have beat nobody. Auburn lost two games, including to a team that lost to Troy and one that lost to Syracuse and have beat nobody. Yes I know Clemson is good, but imo they don't deserve to be 4 after losing to Syracuse. It's like they just get a complete pass because their QB got injured, partially I'm sure because they're defending champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I think Georgia's success next year largely depends on what their new, untested RBs can do. Georgia has always been able to lean on that (as evidenced by the Florida game). I know Georgia recruits well and has multiple other highly rated recruits ready to step in, but you never know for sure how they will compare until they get meaningful playing time. Both of your star RBs gone after this year, right?
    Yeah Chubb and Michel are both seniors. But we have Holy field, Swift (insanely good freshman) and Herrian who all have received touches throughout the year. I fully expect Swift to be the lead back next year with White and Cook pushing for snaps early.

Thread Information