Page 16 of 109 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

Great fucking win. I didn't know for sure if we were going to be elite this year (as in actual possible playoff contenders), but I'm thinking yes. Lots of tough games ahead though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Mizzou choke. Sano no longer on suicide watch.
    I can't keep living like this

For the record Mantis, Eason throwing a 25 yd strike to Isaiah McKenzie for the go ahead TD on 4th and 10 should speak volumes about the kind of potential he has. Nuts to put a true freshman in that situation and he come out on top. Literally season saving throw right there. Especially at an intense away environment.

How is nobody talking about the Longhorns shooting up from unranked to 11 then losing to Cal? Incredibly hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    For the record Mantis, Eason throwing a 25 yd strike to Isaiah McKenzie for the go ahead TD on 4th and 10 should speak volumes about the kind of potential he has. Nuts to put a true freshman in that situation and he come out on top. Literally season saving throw right there. Especially at an intense away environment.
    A clutch play for sure, but looking at his whole body of work, I'm not sure I'm seeing the second coming of Jesus like you are. Too young in his career to be making crazy projections. Georgia needed a lot of help to get that win with a collapse on both defense in the final play and offense to fumble it away when you were about to take the lead and win the game. Not sure how much longer UGA can keep escaping like this. They've got a decently easy schedule ahead of them (Ole Miss and TN both overrated), but I could see them slipping up.

Same reason I think people need to pump the brakes on Lamar Jackson. We're three games into the season. Yeah he's been putting up ridiculous numbers, but people were talking about him possibly being the best college football player of all time. Calm down people.

In other news, how the fuck are Ole Miss and Oklahoma still ranked after starting the season 1-2? I don't care who you lost to, 1-2 is 1-2. There are definitely more deserving teams at this point in the season.
    Last edited by Mantis; 09-18-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Cal lost to SDSU by 3, and beat the "#11" team in the country, but OU and Olemiss still get ranked over them I guess.

I don't think he's the second coming of jesus btw, I just think he's gonna be a really good football player in a year or two. I agree though, UGA, outside of the UNC game, has been playing abysmally. I'm already writing this season off as a test run for Kirby Smart and Jacob Eason. I'm more interested in 2017's season.

I can tell you this much, Eason definitely looks the part from a physical standpoint. He's a freshmen so he will obviously put on muscle, but he already looks like a freaking man out there.

Yeah he's a giant and has a ridiculous arm. Crazy how he's only turning 19 in a couple months. Bwing able to see over the oline so clearly is nuts

Thread Information