Page 39 of 109 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

The good thing is the committee isn't retarded and Penn State shouldn't be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Ohio State has 3 top 10 wins, more than any other team in the country, including two on the road. Their ONE loss is to a top 10 team as well. Penn State lost to Pitt, which is already a worse loss than ours. They also lost to Michigan... by 39 FUCKING POINTS. Oh btw, Ohio State beat Michigan. One loss Ohio State versus two worse losses for Penn State. Better SOS, better wins, better loss, fewers losses. The committee has already said they only use conference championships and head to heads when their resumes are otherwise very similar as a sort of tiebreaker. Their resumes simply aren't similar enough when you look at their wins and losses (the two most important things obviously).

Penn State was only in said championship game because of a tiebreaker after a fluke win where they actually got handled during the game aside from the special teams flukes of a blocked FG returned for a TD and a punt block leading to another FG, and then a terrible no call on the pass interference when we were driving for the win. Here are the stats from that game:

Matchup
    1st Downs 19OSU 13PSU
    3rd down efficiency 9-22 2-13
    4th down efficiency 1-2 0-1
    Total Yards 413 276
    Passing 245OSU 154PSU
    Comp-Att 28-43Barrett 8-23McSorley
    Yards per pass 5.7OSU 6.7PSU
    Interceptions thrown 0 0 both
    Rushing 168OSU 122PSU
    Rushing Attempts 40 37
    Yards per rush 4.2OSU 3.3PSU
    Penalties 8-45OSU 1-5PSU that pass interfere was never call
    Turnovers 0 1PSU
    Fumbles lost 0 1PSU
    Interceptions thrown 0 0
    Possession 37:19OSU 22:41PSU

Total Yards

OSU413
    276 PSU

Possession

22:41PSU 37:19OSU

Turnovers

OSU 0
    PSU 1

1st Downs

OSU19
    13 PSU

Even in the head to head, Ohio State was the better team. The better team doesn't always win, but the selection committee's job is still to put in the better teams. With all things considered, it would be pretty absurd to put in PSU instead of Ohio State. If they both had one loss, then I would sadly have to agree with you, but they don't. Penn State is still a good Cinderella story for the year, and they made it closer than most expected in the end. They should get rewarded for that with a trip to the Rose Bowl.

You can't call me a homer either, because the majority of analysts agree with everything I just said, as they should.
    "Getting handled." Still lost.
    "Fluke win" kinda like tOSU vs Mich if ANYBODY ELSE UNDER THE SUN plays QB for Michigan.

Pitt beat clemson. It's not a worse loss lol.

Better make sure I cherry pick all the stats from that game that don't matter like the final score.

Committee sided with Mantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    "Getting handled." Still lost.
    "Fluke win" kinda like tOSU vs Mich if ANYBODY ELSE UNDER THE SUN plays QB for Michigan.

Pitt beat clemson. It's not a worse loss lol.

Better make sure I cherry pick all the stats from that game that don't matter like the final score.
    Pitt beat Clemson, which makes it a better loss than Penn State? That's like saying VT beat Ohio State two years ago so for any other team that lost to VT that year, it wasn't a bad loss. Pitt isn't awful, but they're certainly not a better loss than Penn State. Just by saying that you're siding with me that Penn State didn't belong in the playoffs and directly contradicting yourself, just like idiots Mark May and Danny Kanell that tried to argue for Penn State over OSU. You can't argue for them without contradicting yourself in another way. Anyone with a brain knew that wasn't the right choice. The media tried to drum it up as being really close as much as they could to make more people watch the selection show.

Chris Petersen is pretty impressive. After what he did at Boise State, and then in only 3 years he takes Washington, a program that has been garbage so long nobody even remembers when they were good, to the playoffs. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

He was smart to leave Boise, UW has a lot more resources plus a great campus which probably helps recruiting. He has certainly found a fine QB, and he has the kid for at least another year.

So Temple was 10-3 and won the AAC. Wake was 6-6 and finished 5th in their division of the ACC (would have been 10th out of 14 teams overall). Wake took a 31-10 lead into halftime, lost their staring QB on the first drive of the 2nd half, and held on for a 34-26 victory. Temple had -20 yards rushing. NEGATIVE TWENTY YARDS RUSHING. For a team that averaged 191 per game.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    So Temple was 10-3 and won the AAC. Wake was 6-6 and finished 5th in their division of the ACC (would have been 10th out of 14 teams overall). Wake took a 31-10 lead into halftime, lost their staring QB on the first drive of the 2nd half, and held on for a 34-26 victory. Temple had -20 yards rushing. NEGATIVE TWENTY YARDS RUSHING. For a team that averaged 191 per game.
    I went to Temple....Incredibly disappointing first half. 2nd half Temple dominated. That being said it's tough for teams who lose coaches after season to compete in bowl games. Everytime Temple starts to get good the head coach bolts to a bigger program. Super depressing.

Through 5 bowl games, the SEC has only won one game by one point, against Miami of fucking Ohio, only due to a game-winning FG attempt being blocked at the end. This is the same Miami of Ohio that has gone a combined 5-31 in the previous three years. So I guess if you can call that a win, that's their only win so far. Hilarious.
    Last edited by Mantis; 12-30-2016 at 12:14 PM.

glad Lamar Jackson lost

I thought this was one of the weakest Heisman classes in recent history and think he's vastly overrated

Guice's truck on the Louisville kicker was fucking awesome. Poor guy.

Thread Information