Page 47 of 109 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

Oh yeah. I knew before yesterday that he was going to be special. I think he has the potential to even be a little better than Zeke. I followed his recruitment and watched his tapes and the things he does are insane. He also has the physique of someone who is older and been in a college weight room much longer. Freak athlete, powerful, fast, shifty. I think he's already better than our other RB, Weber, who I have never been a huge fan of.

That was Dobbins' first legitimate football game in a long time because he was injured his entire senior season. Still put on a show like he didn't skip a beat.

I was also very impressed with our D-line. NFL talent all the way through the 2-deep rotation. Best D-line in the country. Outside of Dobbins and our D-line though, I wasn't impressed by anything.

Legitimately called you saying he's better than Zeke when I was on Skype with gypsy watching the game. Also I was being super sarcastic about JT

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Oh yeah. I knew before yesterday that he was going to be special. I think he has the potential to even be a little better than Zeke. I followed his recruitment and watched his tapes and the things he does are insane. He also has the physique of someone who is older and been in a college weight room much longer. Freak athlete, powerful, fast, shifty. I think he's already better than our other RB, Weber, who I have never been a huge fan of.

That was Dobbins' first legitimate football game in a long time because he was injured his entire senior season. Still put on a show like he didn't skip a beat.

I was also very impressed with our D-line. NFL talent all the way through the 2-deep rotation. Best D-line in the country. Outside of Dobbins and our D-line though, I wasn't impressed by anything.
    I'd say Urban agrees with you, as Dobbins was pretty much the only RB he really used except for some other guys here and there to give him a breather.

As for the dline yeah Sano started watching late and I mentioned that the dline was ridiculous but the secondary was trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Legitimately called you saying he's better than Zeke when I was on Skype with gypsy watching the game. Also I was being super sarcastic about JT
    I know you think I'm saying it because I'm a "homer," but I'm being realistic when I draw the comparison. I'd never say that about our other RBs that were high level recruits out of high school. Dobbins just fits the mold as that all-purpose back that is not just about power, but finesse, skill, speed, catching and blocking ability, etc.

Btw I was fully aware of the sarcasm about JT. I know you were saying he's trash because when it comes to passing, most of the time he is. He will never play a down as a QB in the NFL.

Wtf was up with that Washington Rutgers game last night? Rutgers won in basically many facets of the game other than the two that matter most (points and turnovers). Without the two turnovers and punt return for TD, Rutgers win that game and they're scraping near the bottom of the Big Ten every year. They had more first downs, three times as many third down conversions, nearly TWICE the time of possession. I thought for sure Rutgers would get blown out.
    Last edited by Mantis; 09-02-2017 at 10:43 AM.

If tOSU can recruit actual quarterbacks, they'd have a higher floor as a team. And I feel like dobbins needs a bigger body of work before he gets compared to Zeke. He ran all over a shit tier Indiana team. I'd much rather see how he plays in the Michigan game later in the year when both teams are on full cylinders.

There are few things in the world better than waking up on a Saturday morning and watching college football. Even if the Rams and Jayhawks always suck.

Indiana is probably a better team than people give them credit for (especially offensively), but I definitely agree that we need to see how he plays against elite teams. I think he will be fine. He was getting better as the game progressed, he can make people miss and bounce off of some tackles as well.

We don't have to wait long to find out how he does against an elite team since we play Oklahoma next week. Sure, they're more known for offense than defense, but top 10 is top 10.

At this point I actually think we might lose next week. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also: lol @ Texas. Big 12 defenses back at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    There are few things in the world better than waking up on a Saturday morning and watching college football. Even if the Rams and Jayhawks always suck.
    You're 100% right.

Indiana is probably a better team than people give them credit for (especially offensively), but I definitely agree that we need to see how he plays against elite teams. I think he will be fine. He was getting better as the game progressed, he can make people miss and bounce off of some tackles as well.

We don't have to wait long to find out how he does against an elite team since we play Oklahoma next week. Sure, they're more known for offense than defense, but top 10 is top 10.

At this point I actually think we might lose next week. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Mmm, I just think Week 1-3 games are a lot different than mid season games. I think he'll have a tough test against OU but I think he'll be fine.

Texas is always overrated. Don't slam all Big 12 teams for that.

But Big 12 defenses are notoriously bad... this isn't anything new. I'm not saying Big 12 teams are bad, just defenses for the most part.

Thread Information