Page 55 of 109 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

Baker was salty that we sang our alma mater after last year's win, but he doesn't realize that we do that at every game, win or lose. We would never do anything like what they did. I don't really care though. They should be excited about the win. If they choose to be classless, that's up to them. They've earned the right tonight.

And there it is.

Sano the floor is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm not in the least bit surprised that we lost. I thought going into it that we would lose. I was roughly 75% confident in that prediction.

What I didn't expect was how bad we would look while doing it. Everyone and their mothers knew that we had two gaping problems coming into this game, our pass defense and our passing offense. Neither one of them was even slightly corrected. We hire these new offensive coaches, but then it's just still the same old shit. I'm done being a JT defender. Dude has straight up gotten consistently worse for the last 3 years now and is reaching Division III caliber player status. Now not only can he not throw the ball, but he's a pussy when he runs it. He's just so indecisive with literally everything he does.

Our secondary is a complete joke. Yeah we lost like 3 first rounders last year, but the guys that came in to replace them are all 4 and 5 star recruits. Despite the lack of experience, they shouldn't be THAT dogshit. Any decent QB will continue to tear them to shreds. I guess the only silver lining is that the QBs we faced in our first two games will be the best two QBs we face all year, but still. Completely unacceptable for a team like Ohio State.

I figured we would lose in a close game, but look competitive while doing it, and show some improvements in the passing game and in the secondary, which would give me some confidence moving forward that we could still run the table after the loss. That however is not going to be the case. There's no way we run the table unless some miraculous change occurs. Once again we're loaded with talent and just wasting it all.

BTW manon the home team has never won a game in the four games OSU has played OU. I wish this game was in Norman...
    Your wrs are not the best, and struggled to get open a bit. THAT SAID, Barrett missed a lot of very make-able throws. A couple were really bad. On one play there was a guy wide open for a touchdown and...he just missed it. I know Urban loves him some QB run, but...we didn't even see that be successful tonight either. You're Ohio freaking State and it's 2017, there has to be a QB on the roster that can do better than flirting with a 50 percent completion rate. I'm not paid millions of dollars to make these decisions but there almost has to be a better passing QB on the roster... Barrett would skullfuck FCS though, let alone D3, lol.

I'll give you Baker might be the best college QB you face all year, but Lagow was 3-10 passing against Virginia today soooooo you will probably face better than him.

Good news though, 5 free wins in a row before having to play Penn State which is at the shoe.

Baker was salty that we sang our alma mater after last year's win, but he doesn't realize that we do that at every game, win or lose. We would never do anything like what they did. I don't really care though. They should be excited about the win. If they choose to be classless, that's up to them. They've earned the right tonight.
    Classless man? C'mon. First of all it's college football. Second of all, it's college football. Third of all, tOSU literally got suspended from entering bowl games like, what, 2 years ago? Yeah let's call other schools classless

Really, tits? I don't care if OSU does it every game, if you sing Carmen Ohio or whatever it is after the game at OU you can't be mad that Mayfield plants a flag in the O after the game at OSU.

It WAS classless. I wouldn't consider getting free tattoos classless by any stretch of the imagination. I honestly can't even believe you're actually trying to compare the two haha. It was like 6 years ago btw.

Gypsy, we do have other options at QB, three of them. All three I think would have the potential to be better than Barrett. I want to personally see Dwayne Haskins, but I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Burrow either. Meyer apparently said after the game that it's not happening though. Meyer is a fucking idiot. He's so damn stubborn.

Manon have you ever heard carmen ohio sang? A. It's beautiful. B. It's not a fight song or anything meant to hype it up and rub in someone's face, it's a fucking calm alma mater. There's nothing arrogant or classless about it at all. It's literally just a tradition of the team to sing it, win or lose.

bowl suspensions orrrrrrrrrrrr planting a flag on the #2 team's logo you just stomped. hmmm

It was no more classless than what Ohio State did last season. Get over yourself. If you don't like Baker Mayfield planting a flag in the O, then defend the O and don't lose next time. Ohio State didn't defend anything tonight, which is funny because the narrative leading up to the game was Ohio State's great defensive front. 31 points in Columbus and it should have been more. OSU only scored 16, and 3 of those were spotted from the officials.

You guys are hilarious. Just gonna leave it at that because although you may love to argue, I do not. You always love to try to rub it in my face when OSU loses, despite the fact that I don't do that when your teams lose every year. It's no wonder you don't know what the word classless means.

Indiana is probably a better team than people give them credit for (especially offensively), but I definitely agree that we need to see how he plays against elite teams. I think he will be fine. He was getting better as the game progressed, he can make people miss and bounce off of some tackles as well.

We don't have to wait long to find out how he does against an elite team since we play Oklahoma next week. Sure, they're more known for offense than defense, but top 10 is top 10.

At this point I actually think we might lose next week. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also: lol @ Texas. Big 12 defenses back at it again.
    But Big 12 defenses are notoriously bad... this isn't anything new. I'm not saying Big 12 teams are bad, just defenses for the most part.
    That douchebag Mayfield is going to torch our secondary next week.
    Refs are absolutely hosing Purdue. Not only was that targeting call bullshit, but then Louisville fumbled it out of the endzone, and they called it a TD.

Nobody is posting here, so I guess I will start editing this post. The Purdue Louisville game is way more fun to watch than the FSU/Bama game haha.

Lol Baylor. Who the fuck is Liberty?

Great effort by Purdue in a game where I thought they'd get blown out. Difference in the game was the Louisville TD that should have been a touchback for purdue.

The only Liberty I know.
    Come on dude... I just went back a few pages to find these posts. You always talk shit when Big12 teams lose. And you called Mayfield a douche bag.

Thread Information