Page 57 of 109 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    You're just on the super far end of the spectrum of wearing blinders when being a fan of your team. Gypsy is just as big a fan of his teams as you are with yours, but at least Gypsy can rationally understand why the Chiefs have underachieved in the playoffs every year and when Kansas loses in the tournament occasionally.
    I'm just happy the Chiefs are making the playoffs regularly again.

As for KU just about the first two years I was really annoyed about the Nova game and think there was a lot of BS in general. The Oregon game...there was a weak foul or two on Josh Jackson but that game was lost in recruiting and player development. Lucas just had nothing for Oregon's front line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm not in the least bit surprised that we lost. I thought going into it that we would lose. I was roughly 75% confident in that prediction.

What I didn't expect was how bad we would look while doing it. Everyone and their mothers knew that we had two gaping problems coming into this game, our pass defense and our passing offense. Neither one of them was even slightly corrected. We hire these new offensive coaches, but then it's just still the same old shit. I'm done being a JT defender. Dude has straight up gotten consistently worse for the last 3 years now and is reaching Division III caliber player status. Now not only can he not throw the ball, but he's a pussy when he runs it. He's just so indecisive with literally everything he does.

Our secondary is a complete joke. Yeah we lost like 3 first rounders last year, but the guys that came in to replace them are all 4 and 5 star recruits. Despite the lack of experience, they shouldn't be THAT dogshit. Any decent QB will continue to tear them to shreds. I guess the only silver lining is that the QBs we faced in our first two games will be the best two QBs we face all year, but still. Completely unacceptable for a team like Ohio State.

I figured we would lose in a close game, but look competitive while doing it, and show some improvements in the passing game and in the secondary, which would give me some confidence moving forward that we could still run the table after the loss. That however is not going to be the case. There's no way we run the table unless some miraculous change occurs. Once again we're loaded with talent and just wasting it all.

BTW manon the home team has never won a game in the four games OSU has played OU. I wish this game was in Norman...
    Sano I never put blame on anyone other than OSU. Last week I said I thought we would lose this game. Today I called Dalton out for sucking ass, because he does. Last year there did happen to be a few games the Bengals lost with critical calls going against us that were extremely questionable and I know some of you really got a huge kick out of that. I can't help that that's the way it happened. You could say that a better team would not put themselves in a position to lose to bad calls and that is true, but the fact of the matter is that sometimes close games really are determined by a bad call or series of bad calls. We all know that it can happen.

You say I am a super fan and I can see my team doing no wrong, but that simply isn't true. I never once thought that last year we would win the championship. I thought we had a chance and didn't expect to get blanked, but I was more confident in us NOT winning then I was in us winning it all. The only time I can think of that I thought we actually were the best team was just back in 2015. There was no reason that with all that talent we didn't win it all. One bad game against MSU and we lost our chance. It happens in a sometimes one and done situation, but I still felt like we were the best team. Other than that year, I've never thought we were the best team. Even in 2014 when we won the championship, I didn't think we were the best team.

As for the Bengals, I have NEVER thought that they were the best team or even one of the best 5 teams since I have been alive. They had a chance to make a deep playoff run when we had Palmer and the Steelers took him out and went on to win the super bowl, but I didn't think we were the best team that year, just better than the Steelers who somehow went on to win it all. We all know that it doesn't matter how good the Bengals are anyway, they will never win a playoff game as long as Marvin Lewis is the head coach. Mark my words on that.

I don't think I'm unrealistic at all in my analyses of my teams, it's just that I happen to cheer for Ohio State who really is one of the top 10 teams in football on a pretty consistent basis. I'm not confident at all moving forward with our games against Penn State and Michigan, and who knows, we could even slip up again before that if our offense continues to be one dimensional and our passing defense continues to have more holes than fucking swiss cheese.

Sano > Mantis

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Lolol FSU
    Their oline is trash.

"You forgot who daddy is. I'm gonna have to spank you today." ~ Baker Mayfield to the Baylor players before the game this week.

Yeah he doesn't sound like a douche at all...

I'm guessing that provided some motivation for why this game is so close.

Wonder where Sano has been. UGA looked really good. That D is insane. Fromm might be a great one by the time he is done.

JT Barrett with 5 TDs to 5 different receivers in less than 2 quarters against powerhouse UNLV. Easiest Heisman of his life.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post
    Wonder where Sano has been. UGA looked really good. That D is insane. Fromm might be a great one by the time he is done.
    I was busy double pumping my erection for the game that lasted two days. DEATH TO BAMAAAAAAA

Thread Information