Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

KU IS GOING TO WIN A GAME PROBABLY

q

USC starting well.

Sano can you breath rn?

WE WOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNx

TIL Georgia is the only SEC team that wants to play football this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Jacob Eason is going to literally shred every defense by himself.
    You think he's gonna be that good? They struggled a bit with UNC, but I only got to watch part of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    RUNNING BACK UNIVERSITY.c
    Ehhh... I think we give you a nice run for your money there.

Loved seeing the majority of the SEC falter in the opening week. I expect the trend to continue. I was pretty surprised by the Bama game. I knew Bama would win, but I didn't expect USC to be that horrendous. Bama wasn't really doing anything special, USC was just that bad. Bama will likely be a playoff team though, because I don't see anyone else in the SEC competing with them.

Tennessee almost got App Stated like Michigan on the fucking anniversary of the game haha. Would have been awesome to see, but it was still fun to see them already not living up to expectations, year after year.

Les Miles is a joke. Here's what he said about the cheap shot. “Again, I'll have to check this, but it's very logical that he did not even know [Dixon] had gone down and was just running [with the ball],” Miles said. He added of Boutte: “He’s not a malicious guy.”

Les Miles is a complete joke in every aspect of his job. That hit was the definition of malicious. You could see EVERY other player walking to the sidelines and he comes in from a good 20 yards away to make the hit. If the player was actually trying to return the interception, he obviously wouldn't be holding the ball out in the open. I bet he lets the players vote on the punishment again. Half game suspension probably, though it should be for the entire season. If I was the coach and one of my players did this, I would chew his ass out for a solid five minutes, force him to apologize personally to the other player, make him run until he pukes at practice, and sit his ass on the bench for the season.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well OSU played yesterday. I thought we would falter since we are the youngest team in the FBS, but there's just so much talent there that we made up for the complete lack of experience. Setting a school record for offensive yardage in the first game of a season where we returned almost no starters is impressive, even if it is against Bowling Green. They win the MAC almost every year, and their offense is usually ridiculously good. Our defense only giving up 3 points was just as impressive as our offense, again when you consider we had like 3 starters returning on defense. Having Barrett back is huge, since he can be an experienced leader at the most important position on the field. Now that he doesn't have to worry about Cardale and he can develop a rhythm early in the season, I expect him to break records again and make a run at the Heisman. Our diversified play calling is what led us to amassing the near 800 yards. If we would have had the diversity in calls last year, we would have handled MSU as we should have and I think we would have repeated as national champs. This year I don't see us doing that just because of the lack of experience, but I see us having a good season if the new players start to mesh. Next year is when I could see us making another title run (if Barrett comes back, pls pls pls).

Two weeks from now when we play OU will be a real test to see where we are at. I think we will continue to get better as the season progresses (duh, doesn't everyone?) as these young guys get more and more game reps. To play a much more experienced OU team week 3 though is definitely going to be tough, especially because they're going to come out angry, with something to prove after losing to Houston. I'd say that game is a tossup at this point.

Welcome back Mantis. Good to have someone else posting here.

Bama is the clear #1 in the country. They haven't had a QB like Hurt before, and he is still extremely young. I think it's a bit disingenuous to say USC was just that bad and praise tOSU for pounding a MAC team. Playing a MAC team with a new HC was probably a factor in getting 800 yds of offense too. And I mean, Bowling Green 2 seasons ago was 8-6, and 5-4 in the MAC. Anyway obviously tOSU is good, should be a playoff team, but Bama is #1. The other two playoff teams, well, I have no idea. Clemson looked like shit against Auburn in a win. Maybe FSU, their roster is pretty legit, but how good is their QB. Not sure there are any contenders in the PAC, and I know there isn't a B12 team that deserves it.

OU is really bad (esp up front), I wouldn't worry about that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post

OU is really bad (esp up front), I wouldn't worry about that game.
    We're gonna lose to kansas and half the state is gonna drink themselves to death

Thread Information