Thread: College Football

I have winning:

tOSU
    Ok St
    Iowa
    Bama
    ND
    OU

Don't wanna pick UGA Auburn. Too close to tell jmo.

Well that happened.

Only chance of us making the playoffs is Bama beating Auburn and then we beat Bama in SEC Championship. CFP committee won't leave out the SEC Champ.

That was pretty brutal, didn't expect it.

I'm definitely shocked by it as well. I wouldn't be completely shocked to hear Auburn win just because I'm not sure I'm 100% sold on Georgia's passing game with their freshman QB (as good of a recruit as he was), but I was surprised how badly they lost. Not sure if it's more surprising than us getting stomped by Iowa, but still surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Well that happened.

Only chance of us making the playoffs is Bama beating Auburn and then we beat Bama in SEC Championship. CFP committee won't leave out the SEC Champ.
    I'm not sure anything matters beyond you winning the SEC championship. Whether you're playing an undefeated Alabama, or a 2-loss Auburn, if you win the SEC you make the playoff. I mean, if something crazy happens like losing to Kentucky and Ga Tech, maybe a 3-loss SEC champ doesn't make it. But that would be nuts. A one-loss SEC champ is absolutely in, probably even a two-loss champ.

Miss St was just being SO overaggressive there on defense. Not surprising at all Bama scored.

Fucking Bama. The one game we want you to win...

Would be crazy if the best conference doesn't even get a team in the playoff, but that's starting to look like a real possibility. I've been saying since the inaugural playoffs that 4 teams is stupid. Change it to 8. The 9th team has no room to complain.

Bama should be out imo. Didn't play anybody. I mean not really.

I completely agree that they don't deserve it (I can see an argument that OSU doesn't either), but the fact is Bama is the darling of the college football world and OSU lost 31-0 to Clemson last year. The CFP selection committee won't come out and say that's why we get left out, but it will play a role in their minds for sure.

Thread Information