Page 75 of 109 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

I just want two SEC teams so everyone can be mad.

That's pretty bullshit tbh.

Which is why It would be funny

You mean why it apparently IS funny, since it just happened...

Nobody knew FSU would implode after losing their starting QB and that Fisher would give up on the team. If all things are fair, Bama should be judged on how good the teams in theory were at the time they played, not how the teams turned out. It's not Alabama's fault FSU went 6-6. It is Bamas fault they lost to Auburn though. Auburn getting blown out doesn't help Alabama's case though, but neither does Ohio State's 2 losses. Especially a big one to Iowa. I'd say they Iowa loss is way worse than the Auburn one. Penn State one was tOSU's sloppy play. IDK. I can see both tOSU or Bama making it, but I really want UCF in there because they're the only undefeated team and they score crazy points.

Oh nice. I was driving. That's hilarious. Time to check r/CFB for the best memes

I think Alabama does win a stronger team argumetn but it's just stupid. The whole point of CFB has always been that every week matters. All they're saying is that it doesn't matter. If a commitee thinks your the best team it doesn't matter who or how you play. Alabama should've known going into that game that if they lost they weren't making the CFB Playoff just like Wisconsin, Auburn, Miami, etc. all knew it. And it's bullshit that Auburn was in the top 4 giong into the week and now they're punished for losing a game that Alabama didn't play in. Two SEC teams is whatever, but I think Auburn deserves it more than Bama. They beat Bama. They won the division. They lost the berth b/c they were successful when Albama failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    I think Alabama does win a stronger team argumetn but it's just stupid. The whole point of CFB has always been that every week matters. All they're saying is that it doesn't matter. If a commitee thinks your the best team it doesn't matter who or how you play. Alabama should've known going into that game that if they lost they weren't making the CFB Playoff just like Wisconsin, Auburn, Miami, etc. all knew it. And it's bullshit that Auburn was in the top 4 giong into the week and now they're punished for losing a game that Alabama didn't play in. Two SEC teams is whatever, but I think Auburn deserves it more than Bama. They beat Bama. They won the division. They lost the berth b/c they were successful when Albama failed.
    I don't understand how you think Auburn deserves it over Alabama's when they lost 3 games and showed that they're tits outside of O'Hare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    I don't understand how you think Auburn deserves it over Alabama's when they lost 3 games and showed that they're tits outside of O'Hare.
    Because Auburn was ranked higher than Alabama at the end of the regular season. Auburn directly did not make the CFB because they lost a game that Alabama didn't qualify for. that's fair to you? It makes ZERO sense to me. Same with if Georgia lost. It's not all Ws and Ls to me. Auburn's other loss was to freaking CLEMSON who's in the CFBPO, and a tough loss to LSU. BUt Auburn has lost three games against two CFBPlayoff Teams. Alabama did not play a good opponent for the first EIGHT WEEKS of the season.

You're penalizing Auburn for two things:

1.) Playing Clemson instead of a cupcake like Alabama.
    2.) Winning against Alabama and having the opportunity to play in the SEC Chamionship game.

Sure, Auburn is 1-2 against CFB playoff teams, but they played freaking three of them. Alabama? 0-0.

Who should have gotten in over Alabama (ref: Lex's post) [actual question]?

Thread Information