Page 76 of 109 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

UCF, USC and tOSU are the only viable candidates hulky

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    Because Auburn was ranked higher than Alabama at the end of the regular season. Auburn directly did not make the CFB because they lost a game that Alabama didn't qualify for. that's fair to you? It makes ZERO sense to me. Same with if Georgia lost. It's not all Ws and Ls to me. Auburn's other loss was to freaking CLEMSON who's in the CFBPO, and a tough loss to LSU. BUt Auburn has lost three games against two CFBPlayoff Teams. Alabama did not play a good opponent for the first EIGHT WEEKS of the season.

You're penalizing Auburn for two things:

1.) Playing Clemson instead of a cupcake like Alabama.
    2.) Winning against Alabama and having the opportunity to play in the SEC Chamionship game.

Sure, Auburn is 1-2 against CFB playoff teams, but they played freaking three of them. Alabama? 0-0.
    Alabama played who was on the schedule. Beat a high ranked at the time FSU, and had two other ranked wins and lost to a hot Auburn team. If Auburn is 1-2 against CFP teams and showed with 2 losses they wouldn't hang, then why not give Alabama.a shot to prove it they belong? Auburn had a chance and blew it by losing. Sometimes Marez, it is all simply wins and losses. You don't think tOSU having 2 losses had anything to do with it? You honestly think Auburn would beat Alabama at a neutral site, or @Bama? Idts.

It makes sense because that's how rankings work. If Alabama and UGA stayed undefeated and met in the SEC championship and one lost, they'd probably have both still gotten in.

Plus Bama / Clemson III is more compelling than Clemson tOSU. Clemson smacked Miami, who I'd argue is better than Wisconsin. I don't think anyone is interested in a Clemson tOSU rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Alabama played who was on the schedule. Beat a high ranked at the time FSU, and had two other ranked wins and lost to a hot Auburn team. If Auburn is 1-2 against CFP teams and showed with 2 losses they wouldn't hang, then why not give Alabama.a shot to prove it they belong? Auburn had a chance and blew it by losing. Sometimes Marez, it is all simply wins and losses. You don't think tOSU having 2 losses had anything to do with it? You honestly think Auburn would beat Alabama at a neutral site, or @Bama? Idts.

UCF played who was on the schedule. But people think that's insane. Alabama is coasting off a reputation for a conference that they really didn't even have to compete with this year because like Wisconsin they avoided the tough games.

We all think Alabama is great but have they really proved it at all? That Auburn game was trash. They made terrible mistakes. They didn't look great. Sure you can say auburn lost those games but they played them tough, and actually I nixed the first Georgia game so they were 2-2. A team that has played 4 games against CFBPlayoff teams and managed a .500 record is a team iwanna see in the CFB Playoff over a team with teh schedule of Wisconsin, Alabama, and UCF.

Plus all the "Alabama's so good" is basedo n previous years. Not this year. It's a yearly sport.

Another question (I haven't watched a single game this season, just news) but how far off is Love from Stanford from the Heisman? Is the Baker Mayfield guy legit or Manziel 2.0? and what happened (heard nothing of him this year after Mike Vick 2.0 last year) to Lamar Jackson?

Plus plus, SEC Natty would be even more hilarious. The real SEC championship. Topkek

Auburn has beaten as many teams in the top 4 as Alabama has beaten in the top 25 #facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Another question (I haven't watched a single game this season, just news) but how far off is Love from Stanford from the Heisman? Is the Baker Mayfield guy legit or Manziel 2.0? and what happened (heard nothing of him this year after Mike Vick 2.0 last year) to Lamar Jackson?
    Lamar Jackson improved a lot this season. His numbers just weren't surprising and Louisville wasn't winning games, but compare the numbers:

Last Year: 56.2% completion vs. 60.4%. 3543 Passing Yards v. 3489 and the latter he has played one more game b/c of the Bowl. Same with his TDs, a few fewer because of hte offense overall, but at 25 thru 12 games v. 30 thru 13. Had fewer picks (9 v 6).

If anything Lamar Jackson proved he might be Mike Vick as opposed to the other way around.

Love missed too much time. If he was healthy I think he would've. At least IMO on both those points.

And Baker seems more Manziel than not to me. I think it's why he hasn't had a ton of pro hype. Undersized, messy scrambles, but I havne't seen enough film.

But Lamar Jackson has been constantly impressive to me as a passer at least when I was watching him earlier in the season .

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    Auburn has beaten as many teams in the top 4 as Alabama has beaten in the top 25 #facts.

Auburn has beaten a CFB Playoff team 40-17, beaten another 26-14, and lost to another 14-6.

Alabama has a record of 0-1 against Top 15 teams.

#morefacts.

UCF deserves it more than Alabama. At elast they didn't lose in their cupcake schedule.

Thread Information