Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post

Paging Mantis.
    Thanks. I came.

Could have had one loss if NW didn't shit the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    800 yards against bowling green. Not because of playcalling.

Ohio state doesn't do anything with RBs in the NFL. Images of beanie wells are flashing.

Struggling with UNC? They were #22 for a reason and are the only team in the ACC worth a shit not named clemson or fsu. All we had to do was tackle and it would've been a different game. Greyson Lambert is trash and Jacob Eason has room to learn but he literally lead the bulldogs to that win from a 10 point defecit. He has pocket presence and poise. Why would you ask "do you really think he'll be that good?"? Would you ask that if tOSU recruited the #1 QB in the nation? He threw for 10,000 yards and 99 TDs in fucking highschool.
    I think Zeke will be an elite RB in the NFL based on his overall skill set as a runner, pass catcher, and blocker. He's gonna be leaned on heavily with Romo down. Aside from Gurley, have there been that many recent UGA RBs that have been successful in the NFL? I'm not asking to be a dick, I'm asking because I'm curious.

As for Eason, he couldn't even get 100 TDs in high school? What a joke. /s

I didn't know he was that highly rated. No need to get super defensive. I'm just used to them leaning on RBs the past few years. That's exciting for the Georgia offense of the future if they have a solid group of WRs to go along with him. Should be an elite group, especially once he gets more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Thanks. I came.

Could have had one loss if NW didn't shit the bed.

I think Zeke will be an elite RB in the NFL based on his overall skill set as a runner, pass catcher, and blocker. He's gonna be leaned on heavily with Romo down. Aside from Gurley, have there been that many recent UGA RBs that have been successful in the NFL? I'm not asking to be a dick, I'm asking because I'm curious.

As for Eason, he couldn't even get 100 TDs in high school? What a joke. /s

I didn't know he was that highly rated. No need to get super defensive. I'm just used to them leaning on RBs the past few years. That's exciting for the Georgia offense of the future if they have a solid group of WRs to go along with him. Should be an elite group, especially once he gets more experience.
    Maybe I'm just used to the mantis of old with the Eason argument. We've had to use RBs the past few years because we've had no one that can throw the ball farther than 15 yards without throwing INTs. See: Greyson Lambert stat line last year starting ALL TWELVE GAMES. 1900 Passing Yards, 12 TDs and 2 INTs. He is the epitome of game manager. Plus it helps that we've had otherworldly talent at RB.

As far as recent RBs with success: Robert Edwards (freak knee accident during some rookie game ended his career), Terrell Davis, Knowshon Moreno, Todd Gurley. Keith Marshall got drafted by the Redskins this year and could probably see playing time if he can just stay on the field.

Nick Chubb imo will probably go in the early second round if he doesn't win the heisman and has a fully healthy season. First round if he does win the heisman.

I think Elliot will get the Smith treatment and perform because of the godlike offensive line in front of him. Darren McFadden had his best year since 2010 behind that line and he's a bum.

If Zeke performs well, you can't just give him no credit because Dallas has a good offensive line. There's a reason he was picked 4th overall.

Also, I forgot to reply to this before, but you made a comment about how we only amassed 800 yards against BG because they're BG and not because of play calling or anything special we did. There aren't many teams that can just put up those kinds of numbers. Our play calling was good and we executed things very well, which is especially impressive considering it was the first game of the season with the youngest team in the FBS. Sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is due, even if it is for OSU.

It's not that it's OSU, it's literally because it was Bowling Green. Being one of thr youngest teams in the NCAA isn't that big a deal considering all the players range from 18-22. OSU recruits talent based on success and their brand. I'd be impressed if they put up 800 yards against a Michigan State or Michigan. Not some MACtion team. Thats like me being excited about how many yards Chubb will hang on Nicholls

It's not that it's OSU, it's literally because it was Bowling Green. Being one of thr youngest teams in the NCAA isn't that big a deal considering all the players range from 18-22. OSU recruits talent based on success and their brand. I'd be impressed if they put up 800 yards against a Michigan State or Michigan. Not some MACtion team. Thats like me being excited about how many yards Chubb will hang on Nicholls
    Probably under 200 since he will be out of the game early to rest.

I hope he runs for 200 on like 4 carries.

So the only way we could impress you is if we basically did the impossible? Nobody is going to put up 800 yards on a team like Michigan State or Michigan. An NFL team couldn't even do that.

Also I couldn't help but laugh at your analogy at the end, because I thought to myself that is exactly the type of thing you would get excited about haha. You get overly excited about literally everything Georgia does (see previous posts from last weekend's games, signature, etc).

So the only way we could impress you is if we basically did the impossible? Nobody is going to put up 800 yards on a team like Michigan State or Michigan. An NFL team couldn't even do that.

Also I couldn't help but laugh at your analogy at the end, because I thought to myself that is exactly the type of thing you would get excited about haha. You get overly excited about literally everything Georgia does (see previous posts from last weekend's games, signature, etc).
    Ennnnnnnnnnh maybe. It's a REALLY big gap in quality. Even Bama who dominates CFB like everyone else is a small child doesn't have all their guys be NFL studs.

I was just posting a bunch because it was a very important game. I'm not flooding the forum now because it's fucking Nicholls.

And I was just exaggerating there, but all I'm saying is, offensive feats with a stacked team like tOSU who is probably the 2nd best team in the country not named Alabama hanging 800 total yards of offensive against some D tier team who probably struggles to get 3* recruits isn't impressive to me. It's good that y'alls offense was running efficiently but it's not something I'd take to the bank performance wise because it's not against high end competition.

Also UGA can't fucking put up more than 10 points on Nicholls. Why

UGA is so bad. They better make some halftime adjustments or I'm going to lose my shit

Thread Information