Thread: For anyone interested in a game

Default For anyone interested in a game

For anyone interested in a game to play if they're bored in the mean time -- I've rehosted an old game-> http://ValeRPG.tk

I'm also planning on working towards a new TAO game in HTML5/php. No estimated date yet.
    Last edited by Omni; 11-06-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Wizzy

Ok so I tried it but I ended up gambling all my money away and then dying from a level 25 boss in about 15 minutes and then I wanted a pet from the pet shop and I got sad that I lost all my money gambling so I gave up playing.

fun time waster though I'll probably play it again sometime later tonight or another day

i can tell it's not a finished product so I'll try to give some input on the forum over there if I can figure something constructive to say, and not be a dick like I was the other day. you can't really blame me if you knew how many people came around here saying they can make a game and then disappear though. like, i'm skeptical that you'll even see this message. lol.

the one thing I did notice though (I could be wrong) you have to be either close to level 25 or 50 to get out of the starting area and the attack is just rapid click and no effort really, so the grind in that small of an area seems rough, but maybe I missed an area. I found the starting area, the cave with the witch, the cave with the level 25 boss and apparently there's an exit if you complete the 3rd quest, and the grassland with the boat.

not sure if you're actually looking for input but if you are i can at least begin with that
    Last edited by Wizzy; 10-15-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Hey, thanks for the input! And no worries.

There is actually another area with ~level 10 monsters IIRC by walking on one of the trees in the grasslands (secret area). Also, you can train quickly by running "Autos" by clicking "Auto instead? — 1 vs 1 battles against monsters" at the top - it's a quick way to level up (but the map gives more XP for more effort). There is also a daily treasure chest at the top right that gives 500-2K gold/day for logging in and collecting it. Also, there are also random gold drops in the chat that give 1-10K (like a TAO drop, but they run on a formula that appear more often the more active players are on) for gold.

Additionally, there are stones in the game that level your "stats" and players tend to buy those. You can find those from voting (not sure if the actual voting sites work anymore, but you still get the rewards from the game) and can also find them by randomly playing I believe (IIRC). The better the stone the better the price, but generally ~10K per stone which you can place into a shop and players would buy them.

And yes, it's not complete but I figured I'd host it again for those who wanted to play. Just an idea on what I'm capable of doing with a script based/text language. I don't work on this game as much anymore (only upon requests from current players who still play).

My focus is working on a tile/tactics game like TAO (new TAO) so this project will be pushed aside for now.

- I have created a TAO version of this game before (Vale Tactics) where you moved around on a board like TAO with units that you can train/upgrade etc, but it was discontinued and I discarded all the code since it wasn't popular.
    Last edited by Omni; 10-15-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Omni, do you think you would be interested in developing or helping to develop a TAO-like game?

just some rage and three kinds of yes
    vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

Yes, I've started the base for the project but don't have much time during the day to work a whole lot on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy View Post
    you can't really blame me if you knew how many people came around here saying they can make a game and then disappear though. like, i'm skeptical that you'll even see this message. lol
    Where is BrutalRage at? Is he still working on anything related to TAO? I haven't checked in since almost a year ago and I came back today to find TAO died like 6 months ago. >.<

Not to derail Omni's thread, but yes BR exists on the TAO page on facebook. No he has no posted updates, but he's said he is still working but at his own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Not to derail Omni's thread, but yes BR exists on the TAO page on facebook. No he has no posted updates, but he's said he is still working but at his own pace.
    I see. Looks like on the flip side you have really invested a lot into all this games recovery and preservation so you certainly deserve some thanks!

Thread Information