Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testing Chat and Network

Default Testing Chat and Network

Tonight or tomorrow I'll take down the sky thing and put up a broken version of the game from the alpha (it's in the background but the definitions of player are all fucked up right now so the game is broken so I already know that). Just curious how the network and chat works. If people can connect and whatnot.

Just curious if anyone tries if it loads for them. I can't get it to load past a little bit right now?

Now I loaded it but get this error trying to connect:

"Out of memory. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating more memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings."

Gotta look into that.

Banned

So, you're moving on both games? I like pursuing Tile Arena as we've already seen interest from many people on Facebook, including Evan. I think Bills would be interested to see what we have, as well. An open world is cool but it's apart from what we're about and it's hard to compete against games like Skyrim.

Furthermore, our entrepreneurial advantage here is the fact that we're using luck in a strategy game. That's what makes us different. This needs to be emphasized but not over emphasized to take away from strategy.

What are you talking about?

Anyways going to rebuild it with twice as much memory and see if that helps.

Wizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Now I loaded it but get this error trying to connect:

"Out of memory. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating more memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings."

Gotta look into that.
    That's the error I get

Banned

What are you talking about?

Anyways going to rebuild it with twice as much memory and see if that helps.
    Is this for TAO or the Open World game? I was just talking about which to pursue and why you should pursue TAO, because of its niche.

I only have one game? The thing yesterday was to test a fancier sky and weather system since people asked for things like snow. Also was a test to try WebGL over downloadable. Found out adding cool skies and weather is a lot of shit (memory use) for a kinda small detail.

Banned

I only have one game? The thing yesterday was to test a fancier sky and weather system since people asked for things like snow. Also was a test to try WebGL over downloadable. Found out adding cool skies and weather is a lot of shit (memory use) for a kinda small detail.
    I mean the direction of the game. I think I might be confused overall. What are your plans with the game? To add an open world to the strategy? Or to create an open world game separate from the strategy game?

I made a couple changes and now it's getting me all the way in.

Things that suck ass: The chat is full fucking screen again once you connect.

Game's still broke but whatever I knew it obviously would be. The dragon avatar that is just chilling there is known too obviously that's something else. The chat should be in the bottom left corner though, but it's fucking full screen so that's something I got to fix at some point.

edit: The chat big too big might be an issue with sharing a canvas. I should try to separate the canvases to two separate ones.

Also being full screen chat I can't see what channel I'm in.

Thread Information