Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TAO Browser Alpha Released

Default TAO Browser Alpha Released

Simply click the 'Play Now' link on the main page of the forum to be directed to the page to load the game.

Requirement:
    The WebGL browser format is not supported by phones and Google Chrome. I know Firefox and Safari work, and I am pretty sure old Internet Explorer would as well.

Oh shit issues:
    - The game takes approximately 3 minutes to load (and the Unity loader bar looks dumb stuck like it's not loading, but it is).
    - The game popped up this wicked long error the first time I loaded it up, but I refreshed and got all the way in and played for a bit. If you get that error try refreshing, if not please post the error.

Is it different than the other alpha?:
    The gameplay is the same as the download releases for Windows and Mac from earlier, but some scenic changes (and obviously a format change). There is a little easter egg in the game.

It's not letting me pick my units:
    The Unit Information scene is just to familiarize yourself with the unit stats, the add/remove and all that is irrelevant. I just included it so unit stats would be easy to see. The play game mode is the hotseat multiplayer format of the Mac and Windows releases (2 player, sharing one device to play on [or play against yourself]).

Wizzy

Alright so it does take a few minutes to load and then my computer screen freezes and finally comes back after a few seconds with this error on the Unity WebGL Player page. using Firefox

"An error occured running the Unity content on this page. See your browser's JavaScript console for more info. The error was:
    uncaught exception: invalid code lengths set"

Is this an issue on my end?

Did you try refreshing? I've tried three times:
    First time: I got an error which I refreshed the screen and went past.
    Second time: everything worked
    Third time: everything worked but my browser said a page was acting slow and if I should kill it or wait, I said wait and everything worked after like 10 seconds of being frozen by the browser.

Banned

Why do you think it takes so long to load?

I accidentally loaded it in Chrome and it worked for me. I am not sure why, but it's kinda interesting.

It won't work for me on Chrome 32 bit browser. Browser can't allocate enough memory. I looked at my task manager, and it doesn't appear to be an issue with the absolute memory usage, so I am going to guess there is some kind of fragmentation issue.

Edit: I just double checked. 98% disk usage once I navigate to the webpage.

Edit 2: You may want to enable stripping.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/clas...ingsWebGL.html

see "strip engine code"

Hey guys make sure you s/s all the errors you receive. If it says go into you JS console for more information, right click and click inspect. The bottom message box will show you all the JS error logs. Those can be copy pasted. If you don't see the bottom message box, then at the top there is a nav bar, one of the options is console.

Wizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Did you try refreshing? I've tried three times:
    First time: I got an error which I refreshed the screen and went past.
    Second time: everything worked
    Third time: everything worked but my browser said a page was acting slow and if I should kill it or wait, I said wait and everything worked after like 10 seconds of being frozen by the browser.
    First time got that error I posted

Came back now though
    First time got the "Allocate memory" error
    2nd time when I refreshed I finally got in after waiting 5ish minutes, other than that no issues getting in

I really really really like that you can look around the little area that the board is placed in. (maybe let people know to use right click to look around and the buttons to move because it was a surprise for me when I figured out I could do it) Wtf is up with the golems just rolling around though? it was really funny to see, not sure if it was intentional or if they are broken. either way, i'd keep them like they are. i won't spoil any of the other surprises the board has around it but I like how you have it set up.

second - if its gonna take that long to load every time don't you think it would be a better idea for it to be a onetime download?

was able to play a game with no issues

That's the little easter egg the part I edited to black

Can't load the game, tried with FireFox.

Thread Information