Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Alpha Release of new Tactics-Style Game!

are we just gonna ignore the fact hulky has the files?

honestly not sure why he didn't give them over when asked in the FB group

Thanks a lot! He has everything!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AllFatherGray View Post
    Thanks a lot! He has everything!
    Who? Hulky or BrutalRage?

BR made his game identical to TAO and very close to UnitofTime's. I don't think he was planning on changing very much from the original. A lot of people would be interested in a game more similar to TAO.

I meant BrutalRage. If I could get into contact with him I wouldn't mind helping make a TAO game.

Banned

Try reaching out and sending a message on Facebook.

Any updates on the progress of this project?

Ah sorry for the late reply. I've been pretty busy (moving and a new job) and haven't had time to work on much recently, but I think things are settling so I should have a bit more time in the near future. This is definitely something that I would like to finish and eventually put out an official release, but that seems slightly far off now. For now I'm going to focus on adding new characters when I have time, and thinking of a new name for the game. Thanks for reading!

Unit of Time would seeing the TAO actionscript codes help? I think the main thing missed from your game is blocking if I remember right, but especially after your art redo it's a really awesome project.

didn't know you could customize your set and it does look a lot better

i kind've wanna play a game

i have the grey anti-rush set atm

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Unit of Time would seeing the TAO actionscript codes help? I think the main thing missed from your game is blocking if I remember right, but especially after your art redo it's a really awesome project.
    Thank for the feedback. I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you like the art - that took a while for me to figure this iteration out.

As for the actionscript code, I don't think that would help all that much. However, let's talk about blocking because my game does have blocking - It's just different than what the original TAO has (And is currently up for debate if needed). Let me preface this next bit by saying that I didn't start this project to make a TAO clone - rather I was trying for a game which incorporated feedback from the community (You guys) and had some ideas that I had thought up, but still built upon the foundation that TAO presented. One of those ideas I had was a more deterministic game (ie less randomness), and part of creating that was changing blocking, basically the less RNG's you have in your game the more it comes down to player skill winning the game rather than lucky. But if having the blocking system that I have now just sucks and is a huge turn-off to the community - then I'd be fine changing it.

Let me know if you have strong opinions on the blocking system that you would like.

As for features that my game is missing, in the priority that I am pursuing them:
    1. ELO system - This is in my current unreleased build
    2. Gold generation from winning (to buy new troops) - This is in my current unreleased build
    3. Super cool (I think) splash screen and better menu environment - This is in my current unreleased build
    4. New characters (I'm kinda just creating characters/abilities then I'll see what sticks) - In progress (but I love suggestions if you guys have them!)
    5. Ability to swap characters out of your board lineup with characters on your "bench" - In Progress
    6. ELO based matchmaking
    7. Ability to undo moves
    8. TBD

Thanks for reading!

Thread Information