billy [12:14 AM]
^_^

[12:14]
I'll be combing through responses during my flight on Thursday to try and get a better idea of roles

brandon [1:48 AM]
I really really liked your pitch Billy you not nly sold me but gave me a pocture

[1:48]
Picture of what a new game would look like

[1:48]
O n

[1:49]
Only* damn this keyboard lol

[1:51]
Loved the unit ideas/names also

fran2689 [5:07 AM]
@govnik: Love your enthusiasm, I'll work on a few ideas this weekend

govnik [9:22 AM]
Old mario maps with circles to "change floors" would be cool too. Act like you are traveling to different parts of the world. Not sure how hard it would be, but each circle/floor with a different background image with a theme could be fun. Think Tactics Genesis' map with a unique one on each floor.

meletus [9:24 AM]
There will definitely be lots of ideas of what direction things should go.. Banner Saga is an amazing game graphically and for its gameplay and is a complete game glad I picked up via kickstarter. Now TAO and Tactics Core were both based on Final Fantasy Tactics in which what we all enjoyed with TAO was just one element of the overall game. Even Seed had planned on making more games or "rooms" based on the game engine he created for Core which then upgraded to TAO. Govnik's concept I feel is similar to what I had talk with him about a few days about about how I see the growth of this game. So I can list some samples but basically I think the Marvel Avenger Alliance (https://apps.facebook.com/avengersal...=0&fb_bmpos=_0) concept is a great direction to go and i think here, (http://www.hackedarcadegames.com/gam...of-Heroes.html) someone made something similar. Now in both these example there are only 3 active characters. I think for a "story mode" there should be a low limit, 3-5 and you can earn items and if you complete the story whether bi-monthly or quarterly but at least year you can earn drop items and one character from the story mode. For example if we have a golems battle story line, there would be 4-5 new characters add to story mode side and by completing by a certain date you can add a new unit to your inventory, Like earn a mud.. or crystal or something new.

Now the game lobby could and should have the familiar feel.. bit could also have the look of https://www.jocly.com/ with that as my suggestion what I mean is.. You could select different play types like "grey" based games, Dragons vs Golems, knights only, magic only, pick your terrain, freestyle, etc. something of that nature where the games are all essentially the same but you get to used units you've unlocked and demo new units or just play strategies specific to your style.

Billy like your presentation as well. (edited)

enijar [11:13 AM]
@billy: Awesome work on the presentation man!

billy [12:06 PM]
I think we can do better than Banner's artstyle, especially with WebGL. I'll take a look at FFT and your other recommendations :simple_smile:

[12:08]
we can probably do a pve campaign, but that should be secondary to the core game :simple_smile:

enijar [12:16 PM]
Does anyone have the tile texture for the tiles in TAO, I'm almost done with a demo of the WebGL tile grid?

meletus [12:16 PM]
Banner's style is their own. Not planning on looking like them at all. But their game mechanics and win/lose/fail to the over line story is well done.

billy [12:16 PM]
@meletus Would you like to take point on building a single-player concept?

meletus [12:17 PM]
@enijar: Just one square?

enijar [12:17 PM]
@meletus: The whole lot if you have it

meletus [12:18 PM]
uploaded an image: taoboard.jpg
Add Comment
enijar [12:19 PM]
Ah its just an image lol, I made a whole 3D tile grid with a movable camera. I spend nearly 6 hour on that FML

billy [12:19 PM]
Q_Q

enijar [12:19 PM]
Each tile is a JavaScript object

[12:20]
Oh well, at least we can use mine to more easiliy integrate into the game than just an image

[12:20]
I'll put my demo here on a link tomorrow after work

[12:21]
I'll link the repo too

meletus [12:21 PM]
hehe Well.. just go with #58534d or something around there.

billy [12:21 PM]
slack previews hex colors?

meletus [12:21 PM]
i liked that preview too!

enijar [12:21 PM]
Slack is awesome

[12:21]
On the Mac client you can click and edit the color too like in Chrome dev tools :simple_smile:

meletus [12:23 PM]
If you need units just like me know. And @billy: Sure, if we can go in that direction I would love to. Also as character builder style Torchlight 1/2

[12:23]
*let

enijar [12:24 PM]
@meletus: Do you have the units as .obj or .blend files?

billy [12:27 PM]
^ they're 2d sprites in game afaik

meletus [12:27 PM]
Just png and in their full fla frames

enijar [12:28 PM]
Damn

meletus [12:28 PM]
only person that would still have the 3dmax files would be seed.

enijar [12:29 PM]
I would prefer to have them as obj files but we can animate them as PNG sequences. It's the end of the world and we can always change them out for .obj files when we have a 3d guy on board

meletus [12:32 PM]
What about voxels?

billy [12:33 PM]
I would just plaster the png as a texture on a square for now

enijar [12:33 PM]
That's for Minecraft though

billy [12:33 PM]
haha

enijar [12:33 PM]
@billy: I think that;s best for now just for a proof of concept

meletus [12:34 PM]
Did you see the zelda verison? and more then just minecraft.. don't limit it :stuck_out_tongue:

enijar [12:35 PM]
True, but I think (for the tile board game at least) building out the board as a simple JavaScript array is good enough for now

[12:36]
Voxels will be good for building a whole 3d world because you can load JSON chunks of the world

meletus [12:37 PM]
yeah define parts or the whole world.

enijar [12:38 PM]
I think the author abandoned that part of the library ~3 years ago. I remember following it on GitHub and he hasn't made a commit in ~2 years. I guess we can fork it and take off where the auther left it though, if we need to

[12:38]
*author

meletus [12:40 PM]
Zelda30tribute.com just redid one and got a C&D and then uploaded to Github.. I've been having fun modding that here http://4thfactor.com/ZELDA/ You can see all the actor files in js and just using 16x16 sprite panels.
Zelda 30 Year Tribute
A fan tribute to the greatest console game of all time, the NES Legend of Zelda.This open source project uses WebGL and voxels rendering to create a pixel-perfect replica of the original, all in Javascript. A fan tribute to the greatest console game of all time, the NES Legend of Zelda.This open source project uses WebGL and voxels rendering to create a pixel-perfect replica of the original, all in Javascript.

enijar [12:42 PM]
That looks pretty sweet

meletus [12:57 PM]
I apologize for putting on a free godaddy server.. god it runs absolutely slow. But I was impressed with what they were able to do and how while boxy not really lame.

billy [1:31 PM]
No worries ^_^ I didn't even know godaddy had free servers

meletus [1:34 PM]
like 256 mb RAM and 10 gig space.. I can hear the dial-tone connection from here..

enijar [1:34 PM]
Haha

[1:35]
You can't complain if it's free I guess

Although you can get 10 times that for free on AWS

But it's only free for the first 12 months

meletus [1:41 PM]
I'll keep that in mind.. Godaddy is free for 12.. and as long as you renew your domain.. it keeps being free the basic. Once you upgrade.. you have to cancel.. wait two months and go again

billy [2:06 PM]
@channel: Would anyone like to work with @meletus on PVE?

billy [2:18 PM]
low priority, but might be a good creative outlet ^_^

trogdor [7:37 PM]
I'd be interested

moose [10:22 PM]
Just a thought around Billy's concept and expanding on the clan system, would we want to look at adding in 2vs2 on a board? This was brought up several years ago for tag team battles but the mechanics always came under attack...the premise would be that if you went by 10 unit layouts, each player was able to use 7 units, but would share benefits or disadvantages of whatever set up being utilized was. Again this was very preliminary and due to spacing issues it never got off the ground.

moose [10:27 PM]
Also on that note both proposals about stories and monthly/quarterly adventures are neat, if we want to try something unique vs all the mobile games and campaign funded games,
Might I suggest we use a competitive battle structure where opponents can set handi-cap segments and be able to reduce a units power to boost another units abilities, basically an expanded idea on the DSM when it was first launched